Prospect Info: 2nd Round Daniel Torgersson, LW, Frolunda JR

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Off topic:
With the financial difficulties the league may face throughout and after the pandemic, I PRAY I never see a Jets jersey with a "Cash Buddy" logo on it... ANY corporate sponsorship. I know it's only a matter of time, but that is FUGLY.

If they do it (I'd prefer they don't) they should go the soccer route. Only one sponsor is featured on jerseys which doesn't feel too bad imo. European hockey jerseys are a mess but probably fund a lot of the teams.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Don't care for this pick when Gunler was still on the board. His U20 showing last year was good, but still worse than Gunler and Nybeck's U20 seasons in the same league two years ago. Hope it works out but I feel we let the rich get richer in Carolina.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I thought the following line from the scouting report was super-concerning:

"Nonetheless, Torgersson makes every shift count and his ridiculous league-leading shooting percentage (31.7 percent) is a testament to that."

I hope that info about shooting percentage is incorrect or mis-contextualized, if not I am worried.

Edit: Maybe he's referring to SH% from this season which is still fairly young? Hard to find official stats for swedish jr league

He's played two games (of 4) for Frolunda in the SEL so far this year. No points. So I don't think it's this year.

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
Don't care for this pick when Gunler was still on the board. His U20 showing last year was good, but still worse than Gunler and Nybeck's U20 seasons in the same league two years ago. Hope it works out but I feel we let the rich get richer in Carolina.
I saw Gunler sitting there as well. I read something about behavioral issues and coachability. Maybe Chevy and his guys didn't think he was worth the potential hassle.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
It's from last season. This season he's at 12% so far. I agree that it's a worrisome sign, but I'm also guessing that the Jets' analysis went deeper than "he scored many goals".

That's disappointing. It makes the point totals from last season a lot less exciting if you adjust the goals scored to a sh% of 10%.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Good to draft some size but i think alot around here will hate the winger pick.

I agree with this post strongly, and would have liked to have seen the Jets go after a big good skating defenseman for this 2nd round pick. I think you should draft to your weakness.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Craig Button had him at 27. Eliteprospects, #31; Dobberprospects, #33; Future Considerations, #70; Bob McKenzie, #53; and #114 by McKeen’s Hockey. He’s all over the map.

With Craig Button having him at # 27, that's impressive, and he could turn out to be a great find for the Jets -- hope so.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Thought I heard he had a lot of tip-ins...that would increase his sh%...goals without the shots.
That is exactly what the Jets need, a big forward to stand in front of the goalie and screen them. If he has hands and can tip pucks that's brilliant, a goalie can't stop what they can't see and it doesn't even have to be a hard shot.

Reactions: surixon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad