Prospect Info: 2nd Round Daniel Torgersson, LW, Frolunda JR

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I liked what he showed. Not on the Jets this year but should highlight on the Moose. Add in Nikkanen, Lucius and Lambert and the Moose could be stacked with the great vets they have on the team.
This kid has a knack for the net. I'd say he's not only older but more physically mature than Perfetti, so there's no reason he can't make the jump too at this point. Guess it comes down to minutes/utility. Jets don't win last night without his goals leading the comeback. That's something that I think makes an impression on the coach. If he goes to the Moose, I suspect he'll work his way up relatively quickly. When you start to look at secondary scoring as a potential issue, he's got a lot more to offer than Harkins, Toninato, Maenalanen, or Eyssimont in my opinion.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
This kid has a knack for the net. I'd say he's not only older but more physically mature than Perfetti, so there's no reason he can't make the jump too at this point. Guess it comes down to minutes/utility. Jets don't win last night without his goals leading the comeback. That's something that I think makes an impression on the coach. If he goes to the Moose, I suspect he'll work his way up relatively quickly. When you start to look at secondary scoring as a potential issue, he's got a lot more to offer than Harkins, Toninato, Maenalanen, or Eyssimont in my opinion.
he's younger then perfetti

Reactions: voyageur

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

You are putting too much stock in a one game sample. This is a kid that couldn't make the SHL last year and was mediocre in their men's third division. Was a complete non factor in the WJHC and rookie camp.

The kid needs development time to up his consistency big time. He showed what he might become last game but he needs to get to the point where he brings that type of effort and impact with far more regularity.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
You are putting too much stock in a one game sample. This is a kid that couldn't make the SHL last year and was mediocre in their men's third division. Was a complete non factor in the WJHC and rookie camp.

The kid needs development time to up his consistency big time. He showed what he might become last game but he needs to get to the point where he brings that type of effort and impact with far more regularity.
Torgersson played in Allsvenskan, not HockeyEttan.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming

Hfboards.com wouldn't exist if ppl didn't put stock in 1 game samples tho.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I think they are looking at Torgersson. 3rd straight preseason game. If he looks good tonight I expect he will be in the running to stick around

Reactions: RabidOne

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

Well preseason is short. You only get so many games. He scored in the split squad. He scored in his first game. To say he was a non factor in the World Juniors is disingeneous. I was reading scouting reports that were very favourable, saying he was one of the better defensive players on the Swedish roster. The way I see it, he's physical, and scores from the greasy areas, which is something sorely missing on this team. He might not make it out of camp, but he deserves a good look, and if he's better than the competition he deserves a roster spot.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Evan Polei showing a scoring touch maybe he should be on the opening night roster?

In all seriousness, Torgs had a great game, but the truth is he was a non factor 6 months ago in the Swedish second league and was just a guy in the WJHC. He has never been a scorer so to be excited because he scored 2 goals in an exhibition is the epitome of recency bias.

If he keeps scoring obviously thats different but one game, no matter how good, changes a players development curve that much.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well preseason is short. You only get so many games. He scored in the split squad. He scored in his first game. To say he was a non factor in the World Juniors is disingeneous. I was reading scouting reports that were very favourable, saying he was one of the better defensive players on the Swedish roster. The way I see it, he's physical, and scores from the greasy areas, which is something sorely missing on this team. He might not make it out of camp, but he deserves a good look, and if he's better than the competition he deserves a roster spot.

He's a kid I have some hope for but he needs seasoning. Tonight is a perfect example, he was pretty invisible and barely got any puck touches. It's the type of game I've seen him play many times before.

I have no issue rewarding him with another game but ultimately if you want him to develop into that Hyman type gritty scorer that can grind then is that best served grinding 8 minutes a night on the fourth or playing top 6 on the Moose with PP time. As I have said the kid needs to gain consistency playing that in your face grinding scoring game.

I want him to become a 40 point complintary player you can play with two higher skill guys but he needs development to get there. Same thing with Lambert, he has a number of things to work on and should be put in the best spot sonthat he turns into a top 6 player in the future.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
Is it safe to say that Daniel Torgersson has been a bust? 1 goal in the AHL in 23 games this year.
Probably. After getting 11 goals last season, I was hoping he’d get over 15 this season. Sure doesn’t look like that’s going to happen.

WiscoJet

May 3, 2016
You never know with prospects but that brutal knee injury in his D+1 probably did him no favors. He has never gotten top 6 minutes with the Moose and quite frankly hasn't deserved it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad