26th Overall - RW Nikita Scherbak

Status
Not open for further replies.

savard95

May 9, 2014
Montréal
Could Scherbak complete the Pacioretty-Desharnais line next year?

No because MT will juggle with the lines every 3-4 shifts.

If it wasn't for MT, I don't think he'd be good enough to be our first RW... Maybe 2nd line for a while and if he does good, 1st line! He'll be a top 6 for sure.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010

I'm hoping with the two Gally's, tbh. Let Galchenyuk develop as a centre further down the line-up and I think the players themselves have already figured it out, that's the way it's going to be.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Everyone who like hockey.

How about no, make a McDavid thread if you want to talk about him so much.

As for Scherbak, I really love the kid but my gut instinct tells me (and hopes) he will never be as good as Galchenyuk. I think we'd be better off with that logic. ie. that Chuckie is the real deal.

Tyrus

5 ft 7 in.
May 20, 2013
No because MT will juggle with the lines every 3-4 shifts.

If it wasn't for MT, I don't think he'd be good enough to be our first RW... Maybe 2nd line for a while and if he does good, 1st line! He'll be a top 6 for sure.

You're either praising the kid way too much or speaking ill of our RW depth.

Gallagher was a more impressive offensive prospect in his 18 years old season, and mind you this was with a slightly lower-scoring OHL. Is Gallagher a top 6 player, with nearly 4 years of development in the tank?

Give the kid some time to grow, he has the talent, but he's so raw.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
You're either praising the kid way too much or speaking ill of our RW depth.

Gallagher was a more impressive offensive prospect in his 18 years old season, and mind you this was with a slightly lower-scoring OHL. Is Gallagher a top 6 player, with nearly 4 years of development in the tank?

Give the kid some time to grow, he has the talent, but he's so raw.

Are you are mixing up Gallagher and Galchenyuk. Gallagher never played in the OHL. Scherback scored well on a horrible team and is on pace to put up 60 goals and 60 assists on the WHL.

When Galchenyuk was healthy he got to play with Yakupov... something Scherback never had the luxury of doing in his 18 yr old season

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com

As for Scherbak, I really love the kid but my gut instinct tells me (and hopes) he will never be as good as Galchenyuk. I think we'd be better off with that logic. ie. that Chuckie is the real deal.

Why would you hope that Scherbak will never be as good as Galchenyuk? That a weird thing to say.

Fire Everyone

Especially you
May 17, 2006
When Galchenyuk was healthy he got to play with Yakupov... something Scherback never had the luxury of doing in his 18 yr old season

Galchenyuk only played with Yakupov in his 16 year old season. In his 17 year old season he missed all but 8 games. In his 18 year old season, Yakupov was in the KHL.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

Odds are Scherbak won't be as good as Galchenyuk, but it would be gravy if he did, assuming Galchenyuk keeps developing towards being a 70 or 80 point guy.

Might be a lot to ask from a 19 year old, plus that line needs a grinding presence. Pacioretty isn't the guy that gets his nose dirty a lot, he wants to be the shooter.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I'm not sure why there's two Scherbak threads on one page. I'm going to close this one since it's close to a thousand posts, take discussion to the other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad