26th Overall - RW Nikita Scherbak

Status
Not open for further replies.

TassieHab

May 3, 2013
Hobart
NHL is my dream, my favourite dream,” Scherbak said. “It’s why I come to Canada and play last season.

“I want to play in the NHL with the best guys in the world. I play (in) Russia when I was 15 years old and I know what that’s (like). I don’t want to stay here.

‘Russian factor’ is not my problem.”

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Really happy with the pick. Can't belive Barbashev is falling that much, I would have gone with him but Scherbak is really really good pick. :yo:

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
Pumped about the pick! Would have preferred McCann if he was still available, but he wasn't, but this is a very good pick. Lots of potential with Sherbak!

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Love this pick. I think Barbashev is better, but Scherbak is who a lot of us coveted for a while and never thought it would happen.

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
Super down for the first Russian taken, who is described as a highly skilled offensive player. Don't know anything else about him

Cubebrick

Mar 5, 2014
I saw a interview with Scherbak and he said: "In Russia good paycheck but no respect you". He doesn't give a crap about the KHL.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Another scouting report from RS (Blades scout)

Scherbak is a gifted Russian winger that led the Saskatoon Blades and WHL rookies in scoring this past season. He's got a full arsenal of offensive tools at his disposal including a "heavy" wrist shot with a quick release and some very adept vision and passing ability. He excelled all season at making the players around him better despite not having a ton of help offensively in Saskatoon, especially in the 2nd half of the year. His skating isn't a strength, but it's not a huge weakness either. His top gear is just fine, but he does tend to be a bit slow out of the gate due to having a low and long stride. He has shown the ability to play physical, whether it being taking a hit to make a play or finishing his check when needed, although that part of his game does come with some inconsistency. He's got a high hockey IQ and shows the ability to arrive at the right place at the right time in offensive situations. He comes from an athletic background as his father is a former soccer player, his mother a basketball player, while his sister plays tennis. Throughout the year I heard many rumblings that NHL teams liked him more than Draisaitl, but that was before Leon turned things up in a big way in the second half of the year. There's still many things to like about this player and my jaw wouldn't hit the floor if a team took a shot at him in the top 15 selections.

http://whl-from-above.blogspot.ca/2014/06/final-rankings-2014-nhl-entry-draft.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad