26th Overall - RW Nikita Scherbak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durvann

Feb 6, 2013
The entire defence corps did very good. But Markov... that is all. Such a smart player.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Anyone seen him actually play this season so far? Would like to get a concrete scouting report instead of looking at stats.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Anyone seen him actually play this season so far? Would like to get a concrete scouting report instead of looking at stats.

Mitch Brown is a good follow on Twitter for Habs Prospects.

Last night he said Scherbak was struggling in the D zone, spending too much time high in the zone disengaged (common criticism for any supremely talented offensive young player)

Then later tweeted that Scherbak flipped the switch dominated possession in the O-zone for 30 solid seconds then later on created the game winner in OT with a superb feed,

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005

I should go see him as I live near where they play. He had another assist last night on the OT winner.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
He's now second in scoring on his team with one less point in 3 less games played than #1. He's also tied for 35th in WHL, although he's played 3-6 games less than the other players close to him pointwise.

PricePkPatch*

So Sherback, what have you done lately?

No points? Are you Sherbusting?! :sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He has 1.62 ppg. 2nd scorer of his team now. Best ppg too.

http://whl.ca/stats/show/skaters/249/0/226

He's 6th in ppg in the WHL.

Thanks for this. Nice to see him do well offensively, even though I don't like putting too much stock in what he might do, given his young age. Will be interesting to see where he's at by the end of the year. Of course, points don't tell the whole story, like others here, would like to get a more detailed observational account about all facets of his game.

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa
Alex Galchenyuk C 33 27 34 61 +16 22 7 1 1.85 0.67

I'll just drop this here so we can use it for a comparison of what Chucky did in his post draft season.

I realize Chucky was a 3rd overall pick but I think we got a beauty late in the 1st round this year. It will be fun to see how they compare.

* Should be noted Galchenyuk came off a season where he barely played and it took him about 8-10 games before exploding.

Last edited:

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows

I'll just drop this here so we can use it for a comparison of what Chucky did in his post draft season.

I realize Chucky was a 3rd overall pick but I think we got a beauty late in the 1st round this year. It will be fun to see how they compare.

* Should be noted Galchenyuk came off a season where he barely played and it took him about 8-10 games before exploding.

OHL & WHL arent the same ... WHL is better defensively

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
It's really not fair to compare Scherbak to Chuckie, and it sets unreal expectations. I saw almost all of Galchenyuk's post draft OHL games with Sarnia and he was just on an other level than everybody else like he had cheat codes enabled. Near the end of his tenure he was getting about 5 points a game.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Agreed. No way we could have drafted him this high if not for the fact he was Russian. We were the lucky team this year when it came to drafting a player who dropped due to being Russian. If he was a Canadian kid, he's have been a top 10 pick, guaranteed.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

It's really not fair to compare Scherbak to Chuckie, and it sets unreal expectations. I saw almost all of Galchenyuk's post draft OHL games with Sarnia and he was just on an other level than everybody else like he had cheat codes enabled. Near the end of his tenure he was getting about 5 points a game.

Damn that was an exciting time

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa

It was fun to watch. It is the only time I upgraded my Rogers package so I could watch most of the Sarnia games. It made the lock out more tolerable. I remember him starting off a little slow and then just exploding and racking up the points. It was sure fun to watch. What ever happened to his line mates? Boucher and I forget the centers name. They were good linies for him but you could alway tell he was the heartbeat of that offence.

savard95

May 9, 2014
Montréal

Wow. Imagine if he hadn't stopped playing. He would've got 1.8ppg in his draft year (he would also went 1st overall). easily 2ppg+ post draft year lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad