26th Overall - RW Nikita Scherbak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
It was fun to watch. It is the only time I upgraded my Rogers package so I could watch most of the Sarnia games. It made the lock out more tolerable. I remember him starting off a little slow and then just exploding and racking up the points. It was sure fun to watch. What ever happened to his line mates? Boucher and I forget the centers name. They were good linies for him but you could alway tell he was the heartbeat of that offence.

Boucher got drafted by NJ and showed pretty great stuff already at the pro level. I recall Devils fans being pretty high on the kid.

The center was Sarault, and from the little data I can get from hockeydb, it doesn't seem like he panned out that well.

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa
Boucher got drafted by NJ and showed pretty great stuff already at the pro level. I recall Devils fans being pretty high on the kid.

The center was Sarault, and from the little data I can get from hockeydb, it doesn't seem like he panned out that well.

Tx for the info. Boucher was the natural sniper on that line, I wonder if that will translate to the Devils and the NHL.

Ya Sarault was the guy. He was an overager though I think. It was a great junior line for sure.

savard95

May 9, 2014
Montréal
Tx for the info. Boucher was the natural sniper on that line, I wonder if that will translate to the Devils and the NHL.

Ya Sarault was the guy. He was an overager though I think. It was a great junior line for sure.

They could surely use his scoring ability! They called him back from Albany. He played a game or two this year...

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa
Wow. Imagine if he hadn't stopped playing. He would've got 1.8ppg in his draft year (he would also went 1st overall). easily 2ppg+ post draft year lol

Yep, for sure. His injury was the best thing that has happened to the Habs in a long time.

OT- Just goes to show how good McDavid will be. He is very close to 3ppg during his draft year. Unbelievable.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Yep, for sure. His injury was the best thing that has happened to the Habs in a long time.

OT- Just goes to show how good McDavid will be. He is very close to 3ppg during his draft year. Unbelievable.

That's insane.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

savard95

May 9, 2014
Montréal

2 points under. He'd need a 5 points game to be at 3ppg tonight lol. I think he'll end up somewhere between 2.25 ppg to 2.75 ppg. He'll have insane numbers! He'll also play less because of the WJC. Can't wait to see that too :) Wish I had the money to go to the WJC lol

savard95

May 9, 2014
Montréal

savard95

May 9, 2014
Montréal
how does mcdavid compare to crosby in his draft year ? in terms of ppg ?

2.83 ppg as of right now. Crosby had 4-5 points less at 12 games. He still ended up with 168 points in 62 games for a 2.7 ppg. I think McDavid has a shot at getting at least 2.7, but that'd be hard af :p

RandR

May 15, 2011
2.83 ppg as of right now. Crosby had 4-5 points less at 12 games. He still ended up with 168 points in 62 games for a 2.7 ppg. I think McDavid has a shot at getting at least 2.7, but that'd be hard af :p
Speaking of PPG in junior, I always thought one of the most ridiculous hockey stats ever is that Mario Lemieux was over 4 PPG in his last year of junior ... 282 pts (133 goals and 149 assists) in 70 games. :bow:

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
Speaking of PPG in junior, I always thought one of the most ridiculous hockey stats ever is that Mario Lemieux was over 4 PPG in his last year of junior ... 282 pts (133 goals and 149 assists) in 70 games. :bow:

Junior was way different back then tho ... you had career 4th liners putting up over 1ppg

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
What in the actual **** is being discussed in this thread? Scherbak thread. Those other guys are okay, I guess.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
A few years ago I suggested that Connor McDavid might be the next Crosby. Would his presence on the Sabres next season send everyone in Montréal to the bomb shelters? He may not be there, thanks to the lottery, which, at least theoretically, could send him to Toronto.

Not likely. That was just a Halloween joke intended to jolt you out of your Saturday night hangovers.

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
McDavid wouldn't improve Buffalo all that much. I'd like to see him on Carolina because they have a couple good young players. I do think he's capable of putting up like 60 next year.

savard95

May 9, 2014
Montréal
McDavid wouldn't improve Buffalo all that much. I'd like to see him on Carolina because they have a couple good young players. I do think he's capable of putting up like 60 next year.

I'm pretty sure he could get more like 70+ next year if he gets drafted by Hurricanes. They have players like Semin, Skinner, Staal(s), etc, who could help him produce, while in Buffalo they have.......... Gionta. lol anyway I'm pretty sure he WILL have an amazing rookie season!

As for Scherbak, he's now at 1.55 ppg. Producing steadily. :yo:

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa
Why are there 2 Scherbak threads? I know the kid is awesome but one thread at a time. lol. BTW, 3 goals last night. Brings his totals to 10g 10a 20pts in 12 games.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I'm pretty sure he could get more like 70+ next year if he gets drafted by Hurricanes. They have players like Semin, Skinner, Staal(s), etc, who could help him produce, while in Buffalo they have.......... Gionta. lol anyway I'm pretty sure he WILL have an amazing rookie season!

As for Scherbak, he's now at 1.55 ppg. Producing steadily. :yo:

1.667 after last night's game, actually.

savard95

May 9, 2014
Montréal
Send in the hats, his third of the night!!

Hat trick for Nikita! He's now tied for 16th in points in the league! Anyone watched the game? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad