Prospect Info: 203rd Overall - Zakhar Bardakov

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I'm not in a hurry to inflate the hype yet. But I get the feeling that Bardakov sees the partners and the ice in general better. Maybe he's not that fast, but he can ride not only from north to south, but horizontal movement is fine. And he is fast. I don`t see playmaking potential, but he is going on the boards or on the slot, play behind the net. He moves a lot and he watches the game, watches the partners. MacLeod often gives the impression of a player who does not see his partners very well.
Coaches trust him more now and he play defensive\forechecking\interior role. And I like it. I believe this is what we are looking in him.
He strikes me as more decisive than McLeod. For a player like that it’s helpful to be able to move more and think fast.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Its a goal for him. He always play on the net and behind the net. This is his role. He made 4-6 passes on the high dangerous areas of the ice this game. And this is his award. Everything is in the video I posted before.
Oh I don't mind, I was referring to the person saying scores

Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Trade him! He didn't shoot the puck into the goalies stomach! This is not the Devils way!
He`s just defensive center-forechecker, who play pk every time and has great skating and vision of the game without the puck, everytime active and successfful on the boards. Nothing special. Who cares about such material, I believe we have tonns of that kind of players in our top-20 prospects list and in roster. Easily tradable, Nothing to lose, nothing to worry about.

My3Sons

Sponsor
He`s just defensive center-forechecker, who play pk every time and has great skating and vision of the game without the puck, everytime active and successfful on the boards. Nothing special. Who cares about such material, I believe we have tonns of that kind of players in our top-20 prospects list and in roster. Easily tradable, Nothing to lose, nothing to worry about.
So basically a smart scrappy center who plays hard but has no offensive skill? He can replace Hischier on the third line.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
So basically a smart scrappy center who plays hard but has no offensive skill? He can replace Hischier on the third line.
He has some offensive skill, but not as much as Bratt. Who was drafted in 6th round. So... another bad pick.
He can't replace Hischier, because Hischier is bust and should be replaced way before Bardakov will have a chance to play in NHL.

My3Sons

Sponsor

Zakhar Bardakov #10, white jersey, SKA vs Dynamo Minsk, 01 october 2022, all actions, good and bad

Fun game from Bardakov. "Help" to score goal, passes on the high slot, hits, board battles, positional game. Everything you want from the third line center.

So he’s styling his game like Hischier?

• Haha
Reactions: Guadana and Xirik

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Zakhar Bardakov #10, white jersey, SKA vs Dynamo Minsk, 01 october 2022, all actions, good and bad

Fun game from Bardakov. "Help" to score goal, passes on the high slot, hits, board battles, positional game. Everything you want from the third line center.

We've already got a 3C signed for like 5 more years.

Reactions: My3Sons

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Zakhar Bardakov, #10 white jersey, SKA vs CSKA, 03 october 2022, all actions, good and bad,

PART 1

PART 2

I little bit tired because... I like Bardakov`s game. He is perfect defensive forward. He read the game very well and can make an impact even without touching the puck. But game after game he losing good chances. If he scroed every third breakaway he has he could has 3-4 more goals. Anyway good game from him.

Great part of his game is how he read the game. How he change position and close the zones in defensive zone. He cover a lot of ice, always move if he needs to, can protect the ice and be ready for a breakaway for the same time, he is active player without the puck and it`s not only about checking(and he can check), it`s something I saw from Zajac in defensive zone. I`m not callin him next Zajac, but potential is there. He definitely should work on shots and puck handling. This brain should not be wasted.

Last edited:

My3Sons

Sponsor
Zakhar Bardakov, #10 white jersey, SKA vs CSKA, 03 october 2022, all actions, good and bad,

PART 1

PART 2

I little bit tired because... I like Bardakov`s game. He is perfect defensive forward. He read the game very well and can make an impact even without touching the puck. But game after game he losing good chances. If he scroed every third breakaway he has he could has 3-4 more goals. Anyway good game from him.

Great part of his game is how he read the game. How he change position and close the zones in defensive zone. He cover a lot of ice, always move if he needs to, can protect the ice and be ready for a breakaway for the same time, he is active player without the puck and it`s not only about checking(and he can check), it`s something I saw from Zajac in defensive zone. I`m not callin him next Zajac, but potential is there. He definitely should work on shots and puck handling. This brain should not be wasted.

he wasn't great clearing the puck in his own zone and he was a bit passive at times with positioning but he's scrappy and great on face-offs. Thanks for sharing and I agree he might develop into a solid 4C for the NHL but would he even want to come over to North America for that sort of role?

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
he wasn't great clearing the puck in his own zone and he was a bit passive at times with positioning but he's scrappy and great on face-offs. Thanks for sharing and I agree he might develop into a solid 4C for the NHL but would he even want to come over to North America for that sort of role?
Sometimes his "passive" is more about covering the zone. For example his shift when he got penalty. He cover all potential dangerous passes and protect the ice, he wasn`t accurate with his stick but overall it`s a good zone coverage. He moves a lot and change directions and do it with coevring the zones at the same time.
He wasn`t accurate with clearing the puck and it cost the missing goal in PK, he was good in other PK situations this game. And it was very expirienced team CSKA against.

I think he could try to fight for 3C role. As defensive forward I dont see any better option for 4C role in organisation. What he will decide to do we don`t know, he has one more year, he has pretty solid salary he will not find in AHL, so may be it will matter how comunication with him and Fitz will come. if he can be good forechecker,especially center, and will produce at least 20-25 points and will score 10-12 goal, he can have 2-3 mil for 3-4 years. He will never got 10-12 mil in 8 years in KHL. So it`s a matter of conversation and tasks set. I believe (if russian players will have an opportunity, but it looks like they will, at least for now) it isn`t enough to tell him "we want to see you here". But if Fitz and Zakhar with his agent will talk about his potential role, about milestones of that role and how much money he can deserve by his work - everything can happen in Jersey.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Sometimes his "passive" is more about covering the zone. For example his shift when he got penalty. He cover all potential dangerous passes and protect the ice, he wasn`t accurate with his stick but overall it`s a good zone coverage. He moves a lot and change directions and do it with coevring the zones at the same time.
He wasn`t accurate with clearing the puck and it cost the missing goal in PK, he was good in other PK situations this game. And it was very expirienced team CSKA against.

I think he could try to fight for 3C role. As defensive forward I dont see any better option for 4C role in organisation. What he will decide to do we don`t know, he has one more year, he has pretty solid salary he will not find in AHL, so may be it will matter how comunication with him and Fitz will come. if he can be good forechecker,especially center, and will produce at least 20-25 points and will score 10-12 goal, he can have 2-3 mil for 3-4 years. He will never got 10-12 mil in 8 years in KHL. So it`s a matter of conversation and tasks set. I believe (if russian players will have an opportunity, but it looks like they will, at least for now) it isn`t enough to tell him "we want to see you here". But if Fitz and Zakhar with his agent will talk about his potential role, about milestones of that role and how much money he can deserve by his work - everything can happen in Jersey.
Great explanation. I love the tag line at the end. I’d expect NJ to have interest in Bardhakov since they have little in the way of center prospects right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad