Prospect Info: 2024 WJC Preliminary Discussion

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Plenty team usa guys drew penalties in the 3rd. They just weren't calling them

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
It was 100% game management tbh. The call on Nazar was ticky-tacky so they got one back for the Finns. But letting both teams get away with murder for 55 minutes and then calling iffy stuff at the end of the game is how you lose people.
Perrault had his stick in a horizontal position in the Finnish players hands. Easy call.

The penalty that Nazar drew was a phantom call.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Nazar zero shows on goal and of course no ponts in this field...SMe for Rinzel except hexwsx -1duecto his turnover leading to a Finland goal..typical Hawks pospects ...nothingburgers.

Then ...Gavin Hayes zero shifts...was he even dressed as 13th forward abd just stapled to the bench or was he ill and not even dressed for te game?
The IIHF site lists him in indicating he was in the lineup...but I guess sitting as the 13th F and coach not giving him any shifts.
Moorevokbas a 3rdvkibe checker butchering notca big starcforcUSA eitherr...

In other words Hawks players marginal..and if they cannot impact to a higher degree at this then cannot expect much from them at NHL level..

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Moore speed and tenacity was a problem all night for the Finns, on any other team and he’d have more consistent ice time. Rinzel bounced back after his early blunder, still don’t know if he has the pace to play big NHL minutes. Nazar was active defensively but looked flat offensively to me again, really didn’t notice him much. Really bad unnecessary icing with 13 seconds to go but drew the game winning penalty so oh well.

I know Hutson catches lots of flack on theee boards for his d play as well as being a Habs prospect and he’s definitely gripping his stick a little tight right now, but man that kid oozes talent. He’ll find his niche in the NHL. Buium I thought had a particularly impressive showing too.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Perrault had his stick in a horizontal position in the Finnish players hands. Easy call.

The penalty that Nazar drew was a phantom call.
Nazar actually got hooked pretty significantly and staggered for a split second when there was another attempted hack that was mostly whiff. Phanton call is you only focused on the 2nd part, but the initial hook that got him staggering to start was pretty legit. Not sure legit enough to call in a tied game with 5 left when you've called virtually nothing up to that point.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Moore speed and tenacity was a problem all night for the Finns, on any other team and he’d have more consistent ice time. Rinzel bounced back after his early blunder, still don’t know if he has the pace to play big NHL minutes. Nazar was active defensively but looked flat offensively to me again, really didn’t notice him much. Really bad unnecessary icing with 13 seconds to go but drew the game winning penalty so oh well.

I know Hutson catches lots of flack on theee boards for his d play as well as being a Habs prospect and he’s definitely gripping his stick a little tight right now, but man that kid oozes talent. He’ll find his niche in the NHL. Buium I thought had a particularly impressive showing too.
Nobody on the Blackhawks board is throwing shade at a kid for being a Habs prospect. He's been a mess this tournament.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Nazar zero shows on goal and of course no ponts in this field...SMe for Rinzel except hexwsx -1duecto his turnover leading to a Finland goal..typical Hawks pospects ...nothingburgers.

Then ...Gavin Hayes zero shifts...was he even dressed as 13th forward abd just stapled to the bench or was he ill and not even dressed for te game?
The IIHF site lists him in indicating he was in the lineup...but I guess sitting as the 13th F and coach not giving him any shifts.
Moorevokbas a 3rdvkibe checker butchering notca big starcforcUSA eitherr...

In other words Hawks players marginal..and if they cannot impact to a higher degree at this then cannot expect much from them at NHL level..
Not sure why I am tapping on the glass when there is never response to and dialog....but why not.

Gavin Hayes is a 3rd round #66 OA and him simply making a pretty loaded team up front is house money at this point.

Oliver Moore is playing the year he got drafted and is an '04. He flashed when he moved up with better players. Hard to not be optomistic.

Nazar is tied for SEVENTH in points in the entire tourney after missing almost an entire season. Fiddy always seems fixated on "primary" assists verses 2ndary which Nazar has acquitted himself quite well thank you.

Rinzel was alawys viewed as raw and a longer term development curve....made a pretty good WJC team and played a role.

Gajan had a REALLY good tourney.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Oliver Moore is playing the year he got drafted and is an '04.
Moore is an '05. Should be back with USA in a larger role next year. They brought 8 kids from the 05 USNDTP team to the WJC

Ryan Leonard - F
Oliver Moore - F
Trey Augustine - G
Will Smith - F
Drew Fortescue - D
Gabe Perreault - F
Danny Nelson - F
Zeev Buium - D

The 3rd string goalie (no GP) is also an 05 but from the OHL.

Those guys as returnees will make up the core of next year's team (tbd if anyone goes pro, likely Smith or nobody).

Minnetian (D) and Terrance (F) are 05 injury replacements for this year's team, they'll likely be brought back as well. Think you'll definitely see Quentin Musty (OHL). From the 06s, you'll definitely get Hagens and Eisermann, and probably C. Hutson. Zach Schulz, Brady Cleveland and Paul Fischer round out the 05 USNDTP defensemen and were all draft picks so they have a pretty good shot of being there. Probably a couple of 06 Forwards and 05 guys from outside the USNDTP pipeline.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Moore is an '05. Should be back with USA in a larger role next year. They brought 8 kids from the 05 USNDTP team to the WJC

Ryan Leonard - F
Oliver Moore - F
Trey Augustine - G
Will Smith - F
Drew Fortescue - D
Gabe Perreault - F
Danny Nelson - F
Zeev Buium - D

The 3rd string goalie (no GP) is also an 05 but from the OHL.

Those guys as returnees will make up the core of next year's team (tbd if anyone goes pro, likely Smith or nobody).

Minnetian (D) and Terrance (F) are 05 injury replacements for this year's team, they'll likely be brought back as well. Think you'll definitely see Quentin Musty (OHL). From the 06s, you'll definitely get Hagens and Eisermann, and probably C. Hutson. Zach Schulz, Brady Cleveland and Paul Fischer round out the 05 USNDTP defensemen and were all draft picks so they have a pretty good shot of being there. Probably a couple of 06 Forwards and 05 guys from outside the USNDTP pipeline.

Yup. USA will be very strong next year as well. Gonna be a good next few years for USA hockey.

Reactions: Pez68

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Great atmosphere for this Gold Medal game so far. Less than great puck management for the US again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad