Prospect Info: 2024 WJC Preliminary Discussion

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Rinzel, Moore, Nazar and Hayes received camp invites for USA

Ludwinski received an invite today to Canada which is a great sign as I was unsure about him even getting a camp invite. He's been really good this year.

Gajan and Misiak both received invites to Slovakia.

Any other guys that we know about that I am forgetting?

Felcman might go for Czechia? Think everyone else is too old or didn't make the cut.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
That has to be from the summer right? He got surgery on his femur on October 1st, that would be a miracle recovery.

Edit: it’s Matthew Savoie

Ah you're right. Forgot about Matthew. Shame on me since he's the better prospect. :laugh: Him tucking his jersey threw me off cause that's what Samuel always does.

Ah well, there's Ludwinski at least.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I enjoy watching the WJC. Mostly because we’ve billeted for the Steel for 5 years so I’ve gotten to know quite a few of the players. What’s funny is the US/Canada thing. For Canadians, it’s so unbelievably important and revered like Gord Downey’s birthday. For us Americans, for the most part no one even knows it’s a thing. Or we say, yeah fine, it’s a tournament, just don’t get a player hurt (ala Dach).

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
It’s USAs year! I don’t even think Canada would be favored vs that USA team if we gifted Canada bedard and Korchinski. Maybe. But moot point.
Bedard would definitely make Canada the big favorite. He was straight up unstoppable in the event last season. With another season of development, it’d be scary to think what he could do to junior players.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
It looks like Felcman didn't make the Czechia roster. Maybe next year.
Yikes. There are only 11 drafted Czechs in total in the 04 and 05 birth years (as of now). Hopefully it's an injury or something, a healthy 3rd round pick should be able to sleepwalk into the Czech World Junior team as an 18 year old.

Reactions: TLEH

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
It looks like Felcman didn't make the Czechia roster. Maybe next year.
He did not make it
IMG_7282.jpeg

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Canadian World Jr.Selection Camp 2 exhibition games vs.Usports all-star teams gets underway today and tomorrow ..

Dec .12th @ 2:55 pm EST
Dec 13th @ 11:55am EST

Both games you can follow live with link on the Hockey Canada website (www.hockeycanada.ca).

Chance to look in on Paul Ludwidski as he tries to make final rosterv or WJHC ..

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Canadian World Jr.Selection Camp 2 exhibition games vs.Usports all-star teams gets underway today and tomorrow ..

Dec .12th @ 2:55 pm EST
Dec 13th @ 11:55am EST

Both games you can follow live with link on the Hockey Canada website (www.hockeycanada.ca).

Chance to look in on Paul Ludwidski as he tries to make final rosterv or WJHC ..
Paywalled, but for the low price of $15 CAD, you can watch some Canadian World Juniors exhibition, you'd be dumb not to pay it! /s

• Haha
Reactions: Pez68

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I was disappointed whenI hit the click to watch live to be then informed you must pay to watch these games between the Canadian Selection Vamp Jr. Vs.Uspirts all-stars..
Too bad...hardly anything is free anymore .

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Ludwinski may yet make that team. They’re only rostering 12 forwards for now in the hope that they get Benson or Poitras (neither is particularly likely). They’ll probably add one of the cuts back

Reactions: d rake

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So after winning 4-2 over the U Sports all-stars (Selects fro.Canadian University hockey teams) yesterday (Dec. 12th) ,today (Dec .13th ) the Canadian World Jr. selection Camp team list by a 6-1score to the University guys
Macklin Celebrini scoredt he only goal for Canada'sJrs in this game where the younger Juniors (18 and 19 yrvolds and a few 17 year olds like Celebrini who is the youngest atc the camp) are going against bst University players who are mostly 21-24 on these University all star squads. Is a reminder of how difficukt it is for even tented juniors to playing agaivst t more mature physically developed men....esoecialkybin back to back afternoon and mid-day y games..
Still this may be one of the biggest score differentials I can recall any USpoets alklstar squad assembled for these exhibition contests which help determine the final roster for Canada
for pkaying at Workd Jrs u-29 Championships ...so I do not know ifvthis reflects on the quality of overall talent Canada has obtainable for their squad..or if this was just a bad day forthe kids.

In any case in2GP the Hawks Paul Ludwinski did not get a point.

As I understand it yesterday after tgecregukatiin game (at least yesterday)hey also pkayedcbothvax3x3 OT and then axshot-out) to help thevJrs practice those situations.. In those extra after game mini-contests,the Canada. jersey lost inOT but won thecshoit-out.

Do not know ifthese special situations were practiced today too or which team won them.

As usual Tge goalies trying out forctge Canadian Jr. Squad in these 2cgames got to play some periods of action for tge USports squad...So tgere were no Cdn.University goalies playing thse games..7

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
USA selection camp underway today Dec. 14th and next 2 days...Final roster expected to be announced by Dec.17th.
It is a very stacked group trying to make the final roster..
Usually if it isxa close decision they favour a 19 yr oldvover an 18 yesr of who was onlybdrafted last sumner...James Hagens who is onlyv17 and not draft eligible till 2025 probably gets cut due to an already stacked group of 18 and 19 yelds..
We will have to see whether all or any of the Hawks prospects (Hayes,Nazar,MooreoRinzel) ake the team....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad