Prospect Info: 2024 WJC Preliminary Discussion

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Moore could have a few more points today if not for some great saves by the Latvian goalie. That line has been excellent.

This is honestly just a disgusting collection of talent that the US has up front this year.

Reactions: Muffinalt and TLEH

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Seamus Casey doesn’t get talked about enough. Offensive ceiling isn’t that far off of Hutsons and he’s a much better bet to not be a liability defensively at the nhl level
I've been pumping his tires for sure this year. He's dynamic and way more projectable than Hutson.

I don't have any concerns for him. I think the skating isn't elite elite and the size isn't either so that will probably hold him back from being like upper-echelon.

I think the skating is good, the shot is good, the hockey IQ is really good. I think he is definitely an NHL RD. Probably a PP2 type guy in NJ just because they have Hughes. But could run the PP on some other teams. I like him.

thedarkstark

Jun 22, 2012
Canada losing is amazing, you love to see it. I don't really care who wins mainly rooting for the blackhawks players but it just rubs me the wrong way how many Canadian fans pencil them in to win gold every year before the tournament even starts. Most oddsmakers had them tied with Finland for 4th best odds to win gold this year and yet so many people acted like it was a forgone conclusion that they'd win.

Would've been nice if Nazar picked up a couple of points today but glad to see Moore is finally flashing.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Canada losing is amazing, you love to see it. I don't really care who wins mainly rooting for the blackhawks players but it just rubs me the wrong way how many Canadian fans pencil them in to win gold every year before the tournament even starts. Most oddsmakers had them tied with Finland for 4th best odds to win gold this year and yet so many people acted like it was a forgone conclusion that they'd win.

Would've been nice if Nazar picked up a couple of points today but glad to see Moore is finally flashing.
Not sure I have seen any Canadians handing them the gold this year.

Reactions: Giovi

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Nazar had a few chances but definitely had his foot off the gas for much of the game. Wasn't on the PP at all so maybe he was under the weather or something.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Nazar did get 1 breakaway late in 3rd period...but looked so lame as goalie easily stopped his deke move ...anyonecan pileup assistscwith talent on this USA squad...but to convince me Nazar will star for the Hawks,I want to be convinced he can finish and not just defer to other shooters..be not just a dishes who if not given finisher wingman by the Hawks can score by himself..

As I said no eve sure if hecpkayex with lesser tent than USA had hom with that hecwouldceven have 8 assists coming into this game...no assists or points this game.. so...yeah..very quiet.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Stenberg is my new Barbashev. Talented two hundred foot third wheel that I really liked going into the draft that's gonna be a Blue for too long.
Him and Ostlund my two favorites from Sweden.

Nazar was quiet. He still has had a great tournament. Great tournament. Like. GREAT. The tournament he needed to have.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It was so strange that Minten was a huge part of the team. Should have been a depth forward, not a 1st line C/PP guy who wore the C.

Reactions: TLEH

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
2-2

It was so strange that Minten was a huge part of the team. Should have been a depth forward, not a 1st line C/PP guy who wore the C.
I think they ignored some 18 year olds in the WHL that could have helped this team. Even a guy like Firkus should have been a lock.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The Swiss guy did swing his stock at the Swedish player ...but missed then basically just touched him with his hand.. Therevus no way thatvis any sort of penalty.. They shouldhave called it back off upon video review.. phantom slashing is nota penalty.. Intent is not a penalty..By any hockey league rules..

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad