OT: 2024 Weather Thread

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Well that didn't take long. This one is like 20-30 minutes east of Grande Prairie.

1000000383.png

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Please try to be careful.

So far this season, we expect that almost all of the wildfires we’ve experienced so far this year are human-caused,” said Alberta’s minister of forestry and parks, Todd Loewen." April 25th

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Please try to be careful.

So far this season, we expect that almost all of the wildfires we’ve experienced so far this year are human-caused,” said Alberta’s minister of forestry and parks, Todd Loewen." April 25th

Of f***ing course. Too many knuckleheads thinking they can safely start a fire and control it. Start throwing the books at these people please.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Unbelievable
So stupid. You could drive anywhere in Strathcona wilderness area or anywhere out of town park on a side road or turn out and watch. Meanwhile all those headlights on the highway are light pollution that stops you from seeing anything.

Saw the lights from our backyard but the newer street lamps they put out are fairly bright and I think the light they emit makes it harder to see Northern Lights here than it used to be.

I know Elk Island advertises as a night preserve where you can see the stars and sky great but don't people realize you can do that ANYWHERE outside the city. Its like lemming.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Apparently the smoke in Central AB is coming from a complex of fires that burned in NE BC last year.

I guess if we wanted a measuring stick about how extreme last year’s wildfire season was we got one.

Reactions: oilers'72

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Apparently the smoke in Central AB is coming from a complex of fires that burned in NE BC last year.

I guess if we wanted a measuring stick about how extreme last year’s wildfire season was we got one.
I can’t believe how this smoke has made me feel. May 11 and already here we are. We have about 15 nice weekends a season and this one is already a write off.

Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad