OT: 2024 Weather Thread

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
So the city “plowed” my road today. They took the super flat “windrow” and made a bigger wind row. The OG windrow maybe had a week left.

I smashed it down with my truck in frustration. What a waste of money, the road is dry and that’s what they thought they should do?

IMG_4670.jpeg

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Took me over an hour to drive into work this morning. Seems like there is alot of new people who have moved into this city who don't know how to drive in the snow.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Took me over an hour to drive into work this morning. Seems like there is alot of new people who have moved into this city who don't know how to drive in the snow.

Has to do with the hot road getting snowed on causing a compacting layer of ice under the snow

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The ice hidden underneath the snow is mroe the problem. Walking in some places hazard as well. The snow was falling and melting for most of a day and then started freezing into a perfect curling ice around sundown yesterday. whoops, a poster already got to this above.

I'll mention as well don't even go out for that jog or long walk today unless you have to. Sidewalks and roads treacherous.

Reactions: oilers'72

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Enjoy the beautiful weather the next few days, looks like winter will come pay one (hopefully) last visit on Tuesday.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Enjoy the beautiful weather the next few days, looks like winter will come pay one (hopefully) last visit on Tuesday.

April is always such a trash month weather wise in Edmonton/Alberta.

It's almost always Windy as hell. The only time the wind goes away is if it gets way colder than average. Any temp remotely average seems to come with an ass load of wind.

It never really rains much either. Just those shitty windy spitting days.
You know those days where it's all grey, calm and raining. Those are my kind of rainy days.

When I get win the lottery and become a snowbird.. I'm not coming back until May at the earliest :P

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

It's almost always Windy as hell. The only time the wind goes away is if it gets way colder than average. Any temp remotely average seems to come with an ass load of wind.

You know those days where it's all grey, calm and raining. Those are my kind of rainy days.

When I get win the lottery and become a snowbird.. I'm not coming back until May at the earliest :P

I've been to Chicago and I can tell you that the "Windy City" isn't exactly so windy when compared to Edmonton.

I play a fair amount of golf, and save for a stretch from about mid-June to mid-August it is constantly windy as sin.

Reactions: TB12

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

The six month rule is always a fun juggling one for Snowbirds. Some like to head out mid Oct and come back mid April, others don’t spend the whole six months in the winter as they like to make a few trips during the summer/fall, etc.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Just in time to enjoy the annual fire ban, having to mask up because of all the smoke, and the initial outbreak of the mosquito hordes.:D

If it means less wildfires in the summer then bring it on
We need moisture
Agreed. They don't say "April showers" for nothing. After last year, I'll take all the rain we can get this month.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I've been to Chicago and I can tell you that the "Windy City" isn't exactly so windy when compared to Edmonton.

I play a fair amount of golf, and save for a stretch from about mid-June to mid-August it is constantly windy as sin.
Don't ever go to the crowsnest pass. Not even for a joke, you won't like it.

Right now the wind unpleasantness is magnified by the city failing to sweep up all the sand and gravel they plop down on roads. So that its a sandstorm effect. Pleasant. Of course the city doesn't even think of clearing streets till june or something. Probably still grading asphalt somewhee.

Building a sun room in backyard has been such a game changer. Windy AF, Just don't care, makes it more comfortable sitting in there with a book with the wind howling. Nice 3 season room with door and windows if I want air blowing in

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Don't ever go to the crowsnest pass. Not even for a joke, you won't like it.

Right now the wind unpleasantness is magnified by the city failing to sweep up all the sand and gravel they plop down on roads. So that its a sandstorm effect. Pleasant. Of course the city doesn't even think of clearing streets till june or something. Probably still grading asphalt somewhee.
True enough, I just insured my Challenger today but where are the street sweepers? Grrr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad