OT: 2024 Weather Thread

Poochiemoo

Oct 28, 2005
Replacement always said he was a sociologist of some kind. I don't know if he has an advanced degree or not.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Replacement always said he was a sociologist of some kind. I don't know if he has an advanced degree or not.
Avi Loeb is a theoretical physicist who is a nut job who believes we have been essentially visited by aliens. For Replacement you only need to look at his 2 decades? of time here to see that his views on climate can be safely ignored.

Reactions: Barrsy

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Dallas is expected to reach 34 today….which with recent heavy rains, will mean a lot of humidity.
Expect the arena ice to be slush from start to finish in today’s game.
Can’t wait to play this series on real ice.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Time to complain about some weather because :P

Another day of Wind in Edmonton. This has been the windiest spring I can ever remember. And usually we get a lot of wind in spring but this year it seems relentless.

Nice to get some precipitation but this wind can seriously f*** off.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out we lost all our top soil because the f***ing wind blew it all to the Atlantic :P

I'm more surprised to leave my house this spring and not get immediately pounded by wind then the other way around.

I think wind is my arch nemesis of weather. Cold is one thing but wind..... just blows ass all around.

End rant

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Another day of Wind in Edmonton. This has been the windiest spring I can ever remember. And usually we get a lot of wind in spring but this year it seems relentless.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out we lost all our top soil because the f***ing wind blew it all to the Atlantic :P

I'm more surprised to leave my house this spring and not get immediately pounded by wind then the other way around.

I think wind is my arch nemesis of weather. Cold is one thing but wind..... just blows ass all around.

End rant
Was a beautiful morning. Got all the yard work done, nice sunshine, cool but great, did lawn, trimming and inside before the daily windstorm kicked in.

Lawns never been as good as this. No watering, lush green lawns all over.

Gardening? We've barely had to water at all this spring. Natures bounty providing. All our rain barrels and resorvoir plum full. Never had so much collected rainwater ever.

Bonus of the wind storm is I didn't have to clean off the sidewalks after all the trimming.

Not a big fan of wind though. Would never like living in Crowsnest Pass. My two favorite things, Tennis and Cycling are f***ed over by wind.

For people that hate the wind its a good time to go ravine hiking. Most deeper ravines are pretty wind protected. Still enjoy the day. We're so luckly here to have river valley and parks and ravines to hike around in and explore.

Last edited:

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

End rant

It's the absolute worst. Wind ruins almost everything.

Despite it finally being not rainy I can't even put out the cushions on my patio furniture to spend time outside without risking them flying away.

Give me +8 with no wind over +20 with wind like we have today.

stewy04

Jun 19, 2016

stewy04

Jun 19, 2016
Love it!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240531_143714_theCHIVE.jpg
    Screenshot_20240531_143714_theCHIVE.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: oilers'72

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Was a beautiful morning. Got all the yard work done, nice sunshine, cool but great, did lawn, trimming and inside before the daily windstorm kicked in.

Lawns never been as good as this. No watering, lush green lawns all over.

Gardening? We've barely had to water at all this spring. Natures bounty providing. All our rain barrels and resorvoir plum full. Never had so much collected rainwater ever.

Bonus of the wind storm is I didn't have to clean off the sidewalks after all the trimming.

Not a big fan of wind though. Would never like living in Crowsnest Pass. My two favorite things, Tennis and Cycling are f***ed over by wind.

For people that hate the wind its a good time to go ravine hiking. Most deeper ravines are pretty wind protected. Still enjoy the day. We're so luckly here to have river valley and parks and ravines to hike around in and explore.

I agree and got a chuckle from this.

After reading your post I'm imagining people in hot climates that can't work in the heat of the day and need to take siesta breaks.

But we have to do our work in the mornings and night to escape the wind :P

In David Attenborough voice: "Watch as the Albertan's are forced to flee their recreational activities when the height of the wind picks up mid day. But don't worry, they'll soon make their way out of their caves once evening comes and the winds die down."

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010

End rant
Yup, went for a round of golf this afternoon and it was a tough one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad