OT: 2024 Weather Thread

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Would you guys rather have -40 or +40? I would take -40 truthfully. I hate extreme heat.
Things start to go wrong at -40.

Car might not start
Pipes freeze
Roads are terrible.
Ect.

Even though i agree +40 is unbearably hot its not like I have to worry about everything in my day to day life is going to stop working.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
sunbathing
sunbathing-in-snow_result.jpg

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
You guys making a quilt out there?;)

Forecast for next week is a HIGH of minus 31. Time to get the hell out of here for a while. Mexico here we come!
Growing it. The ingenuity of Northern Canadians is epic.

Sow
/sō/
verb
gerund or present participle: sowing

plant (seed) by scattering it on or in the earth.
"sow a thin layer of quilt seeds on top"

1704982046839.png

Reactions: oilers'72

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
As someone who works outside, +40.
Not according to our current/rising canadian wimpification. ;)

"How hot is too hot to work in Canada?

According to table 2 in Heat stress and strain, ACGIH® TLVs® & BEIs® booklet, the initial screening for moderate work showed that the protective TLV® should be 28.0°C while the action limit should be 25.0°C. That immediately shows that there is risk for heat stress as that is a high temperature.Jan 27, 2023"

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
couldn't stand Vegas or Arizona weather year round personally. At least in Canada we get all 4 seasons even if the winters are brutal.
I hear ya... I almost passed out from the heat when I vacationed in Asia and it was very humid and like plus 40. Samething when I went to Los Angeles and it was scorching hot. I just don't deal with heat very well. I also don't have AC at home, so when it gets over plus 30, it is so hard to sleep at night. In this cold weather, I can sleep like a baby. And when it's really cold, you can add layers and layers until you're warm. When it's really hot, you can't really do the same.

Last edited:

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Godspeed Edmontonians. I moved to Kelowna last year to avoid this ridiculous minus a billion crap that hits about 2-3 times every winter. It is getting very cold for Kelowna tomorrow, low of -22 overnight.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
It's so cold it hurts! I'm staying home from work tomorrow..Fook -52'C with the wind plus a 80% humidity factor. Hibernation mode will be in effect!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad