WJC: 2024 Team Canada Roster Talk - Part 1

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Catton easy - Misa Will get a camp invite but I still think it’s a year too soon with him. He is not on McDavid/Bedard level so lt’ll be interesting to see What he does as a 16 year Old and if HC gives him a shot.

Don't think Misa is invited either. We'll just have too many strong 18/19 years old who won Hlinka last summer.

Will all be drafted in the top 22 this year at the WJC next year:
Benson - Yager - Cristall
Barlow - Heidt - Woods
Ritchie - Gauthier

Returnees, prominent 19 years old.

Fantilli, Savoie, Geekie, Beck

Team's done upfront...I'm kidding a bit, we'll be leaving even some of those aside to bring more 19 years olds - younger players would have to be remarkably special to get in this year.

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
Don't think Misa is invited either. We'll just have too many strong 18/19 years old who won Hlinka last summer.

Barlow - Heidt - Woods
Ritchie - Gauthier

Team's done upfront...I'm kidding a bit, we'll be leaving even some of those aside to bring more 19 years olds - younger players would have to be remarkably special to get in this year.
I like next year’s team more than this year’s more on balance, but obviously lacking a Bédard type match winner

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Barlow - Heidt - Woods
Ritchie - Gauthier

I think he gets an invite - but will inevitably be cut. You can’t ignore the production, no matter what age a kid is.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
This is not necessarily what I think HC will do. However, this is probably what I would do mixed with what they might do. Aim younger with a few 19 year olds to have a chance at winning, but aim for next year where you can have a bunch of returnees with WJC experience to bring the gold home in 2025. Assuming that Fantilli is in the NHL. I don't think the 2004 crop is that good.

Benson 05 - Savoie 04 - Firkus 04
Cristall 05 - Beck 04 - Dumais 04
Barlow 05 - Geekie 04 - Ritchie 05
Celebrini 06 - Yager 04- Minten 04
Misa 07 (think you bring him for experience)

Just missing: Heidt, Ziemmer, Haight, Poitras, Gauthier, Perron, Danielson, Wood, Filmon

Going to be a tough team to make as a forward.

Korchinski 04 - Mateychuk 04 (LH)
Pickering 04 - Luneau 04
Cagnoni late 04 - Allen 05 (they love their U18 captains)
Dragicevic 05

Just missing: Lamoreaux (I think they will take him because size), Warren, George, Nelson, Morin

Goalies I think is really easy.

Bjarnason 05
Ratzlaff 05
Both among the best G in the CHL already and bonus is get them both for 2 years.

I think if I made my full team it would mostly be 05 which is pretty unrealistic to assume. But I like the idea of gearing up for 2025 but the younger crop is so strong they could probably win both years anyways.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I miss the World Juniors - having it twice in one year spoiled me. I am trying to get exciting about the World Championship (ala @Gold Standard) but I just can't.

At least the U18's could be special.

Last edited:

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
As of right now

Minten-Fantilli-Dumais
Savoie-Geekie-Benson
Yager-Barlow-Danielson
Cristall-Beck-Heidt
Ziemmer-Gauthier-Firkus

Korchinski-Luneau
Mateychuk-Pickering
Nelson-Allen
Dragicevic-Lamoureux

Bjarnason-Ratzlaff

NordiquesForeva

May 30, 2022

There's one goalie who should absolutely be at camp.

The best goalie in the OHL. May get overlooked because he has no experience with Hockey Canada.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Celebrini should make this team. Dominating in the U18 WJC.

Mathew Wood too.

Cristall, Heidt and Howe are nothing special, which they showed in the current U18 WJC. Canada have better players than those 3.

Reactions: SOLR

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Celebrini should make this team. Dominating in the U18 WJC.

Mathew Wood too.

Cristall, Heidt and Howe are nothing special, which they showed in the current U18 WJC. Canada have better players than those 3.

Nah they will be there, keep in mind the tournament is in 8 months from now. We were just missing Yager and Benson... +it looked worse than it was because of a so-so defensive group also. Plus Savoie will be there. That WJC team will be much better than the U18, that's always our weak tournament.

Curious if we'll see McKenna at Hlinka and if he could be at the WJC as well.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad