GDT: 2024 NHL trade deadline 3/8/24 3pm eastern time (Sell everything)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I doubt there's that much interest, even at 50%
Probably not.. Johnson sucks. I think Blackwell for a dirt cheap price would be more realistic, but if he doesn't want to go, maybe the Hawks will do him a solid and let him stay rather than add a nothing pick. Maybe he re-signs on a 1 year deal, which isn't the worst thing in the world either.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I wouldn't mind extending him at his current rate for another year. Heart and soul, big time effort, good skater----that was what many were expecting last year, but clearly he wasn't healthy last year compared to this year.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
They need to justify a claim that they've done something after most of the last 2 years getting a goalie and firing Ruff was what fans demanded. Too little too late

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Briere lost alot of the rare good will from fans from Walker trade with Seeler extension and now this

Not sure how this is considered a positive for Flyers

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
This deadline has been ass for sellers; one of the more buyer friendly deadlines in the last decade.

Really glad we re-signed Mrazek and Dickinson over taking the 3rd and 4th round picks they'd get today. If need be, we've got two future deadlines they (and Murphy) could potentially be moved at.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
This deadline has been ass for sellers; one of the more buyer friendly deadlines in the last decade.

Really glad we re-signed Mrazek and Dickinson over taking the 3rd and 4th round picks they'd get today. If need be, we've got two future deadlines they (and Murphy) could potentially be moved at.
Canadians just got a 2nd or 3rd based on a condition for Jake Allen whos terrible. Other then that not many wins. Maybe Kraken for Wennerberg getting a 2 and Henrique and Carrick for a 1st.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Wild how Monahan and Henrique got first rounders while the best Pit could get for Guentzel was a first contingent on the Canes making the finals and 2 of their second rate prospects

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Wild how Monahan and Henrique got first rounders while the best Pit could get for Guentzel was a first contingent on the Canes making the finals and 2 of their second rate prospects
It was actually 3 prospects....ranked #6, 7, & 9 in Carolina's system which the Athletic rankied 14th best. Pitts prospect pool is terrible (29th) so adding 3 solid guys further along the development curve then pick(s) has some merit even if I normally prefer quality to quantity.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
If you’re the worst team in the league and the only thing that you got at the trade deadline was a fifth round pack I got a think that’s a bit of a failure obviously if people don’t want your expiring contracts that’s one thing but they should’ve been more opportunistic on bringing in Players on one year deals. Or trade for over priced players. (Mantha) They also had 2 retention spots that were unused. I’m a pretty big supporter of Kyle, but this season definitely was a failure between the injuries and the trade deadline. If we end up with Celebrini and the years and success all the other players sikyanev anrytom demidiv Lindstrom. Could all be just avg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad