GDT: 2024 NHL trade deadline 3/8/24 3pm eastern time (Sell everything)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_7934.jpeg
IMG_7929.gif
IMG_7933.jpeg

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I think they do right by TJ if he wants to chase it, but at the end of the day they have to get a body back. They don't have the ability to trade people because they don't have bodies.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
I'm not expecting anything other than acquiring 18 month cap dumps for draft picks.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Full expectation, we'll pick up a couple, or maybe even a few, late round picks and have some nobody, change of scenery prospect swaps.

Our best hope is to eat some dead cap hits as a third wheel on trades between teams with actual assets and teams with actual intent to contend and hopefully get some picks for the trouble.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I think they do right by TJ if he wants to chase it, but at the end of the day they have to get a body back. They don't have the ability to trade people because they don't have bodies.
AA is about to come back which will put them at 15 bodies in the big leagues. And guys like Pitlick and Guttman who can come up, taking bodies isn’t necessary.

But it will be ugly, not that it hasn’t been all year.

Reactions: ClydeLee

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I'm not worried about bodies. Last year they got Joey Anderson, Anders Bjork and Andreas Englund back as warm bodies to close out the season with. There are future considerations to be had.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
When one eats % how long does that last? What I mean is

Are you still technically carrying those transactions at draft? Because new NHL year doesn't start until July, correct?

So technically if we did 2 retention deals at TDL would they technically prevent Hawks from doing such a deal at draft?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
When one eats % how long does that last? What I mean is

Are you still technically carrying those transactions at draft? Because new NHL year doesn't start until July, correct?

So technically if we did 2 retention deals at TDL would they technically prevent Hawks from doing such a deal at draft?
Once the season ends retention ends for contracts that expire

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
I know he has to get healthy to be a viable option to trade, but is it wishful thinking that we could retain half on Murphy, throw in whatever the equivalent of Lafferty is (Radysh?), and a couple of late round conditional picks to get a 1st and 2nd ala McCabe?

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
We're so screwed I'd be stunned if we're competitive in the next 5 years.

I wouldn't say that, at all.

IMO, the team will at least be in playoff contention within the next couple of years. The team is carrying a lot of dead weight right now but I feel as if that's by design. They don't want to be anywhere near a competitive team right now, and for good reason. They have to load up all the top end talent that they can muster.

Blowing the team up is what made getting Bedard possible. Floating around in Purgatory under Bowman would have been frustrating as f*** to watch. Tough decisions had to be made and they did just that.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I'm not worried about bodies. Last year they got Joey Anderson, Anders Bjork and Andreas Englund back as warm bodies to close out the season with. There are future considerations to be had.
I'm saying its not worth the 4th or 3rd you get for him to have to play Bedard with even more AHLers.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I'd take a 3rd or 4th round pick over 20 extra games with Tyler Johnson in a heartbeat.
If we can get like an AHL tweener back like Joey Anderson I think so sure. But you need to actually field at team that has some veterans and some players who can support the room.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
I know he has to get healthy to be a viable option to trade, but is it wishful thinking that we could retain half on Murphy, throw in whatever the equivalent of Lafferty is (Radysh?), and a couple of late round conditional picks to get a 1st and 2nd ala McCabe?
Blackwell would be the Lafferty comparable this year. Raddysh has no value at all this year.

Hopefully Murphy can stay healthy next year and the Hawks can get something of value for him.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
We're so screwed I'd be stunned if we're competitive in the next 5 years.
What is screwed about that though? That's been the name of the game.

All along I've been saying that's what everyone should expect. No team that does hard tanks, wins even more than a playoff round in 6 years. It's not a push to expect them to not be in the playoffs for 5 years. But it's about the ride and hope you gather 4+ spread out star talents that can win.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
What is screwed about that though? That's been the name of the game.

All along I've been saying that's what everyone should expect. No team that does hard tanks, wins even more than a playoff round in 6 years. It's not a push to expect them to not be in the playoffs for 5 years. But it's about the ride and hope you gather 4+ spread out star talents that can win.
Seems like a few low probability of that happening

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Hawks have one full tank season and one Bedard to show for it. The '24 Draft hasn't even happened, and people are already panicking, lol. You'd think the Hawks drafted Demidov second overall and he immediately announced that he's signing a 20 year KHL contract, or something. Full teardowns aren't for the feint of heart. The 04 and 05s gotta get to like 23/22 before the Hawks are (hopefully, if all goes well) cooking, but of course you hope they are already showing more even before then and you're bridging the gap a bit in the interim. They're like 19 and 18 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad