GDT: 2024 NHL trade deadline 3/8/24 3pm eastern time (Sell everything)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Ponomaryov can play.. could be a top 9 guy. I’ve liked him.
I really liked the Jamieson Rees, Vasili Ponomarev and Stelio Mattheos 4th line for the Wolves when they won the Calder Cup a couple seasons ago. He came over after his season in Russia ended and was an instant jolt into the lineup. Still pretty good but probably doesn't have the offense to be a big time contributor, likely a good 4th, but maybe 3rd, line center.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Bunting is a useful piece on a team in desperate need of complementary scoring, but Pens would have been better off getting one higher tier prospect than a bunch of mid tier prospects and picks.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Koivunen’s probably the best piece in that deal. Imo a very safe bet to be a good middle six winger

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
If Pitt can get a 1st then the package isnt that bad but sheesh would have guessed more.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Hopefully we broker for Vatrano, Buchnevic or a Goalie. Ducks are out of retained salary slots. Im not even sure trading Tyler Johnson 50% retained gets you anything worth while. Send Donato back to Seattle please.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Carolina went all in if Guentzel a mere rental...But chances of Carolina not getting past Florida to EC Final mean that they will probably not havecto give Pitt those conditional 1st andc5th round picks anyway..

The possibility is that Bunting if playsxeoth Crosby puts up Gientzel numbers and Guentzel says Crosby flops to Bunting numbers...

But Pitt had a poir prospect pool so the haul of Carolina prospects they got makes it worth just giving up a Guentzel rental whovthey would not be ablectovextebt anyway.

So a goodxdeal for Pitt a questionable haul for Carolina if Guebtzel failsctobleadcthem to EC Final let alone SC win..

This was an all in bet by Carolinacthat Guentzel iscthevguyvto put them 0ver the top...which rentals rarely do.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Carolina went all in if Guentzel a mere rental...But chances of Carolina not getting past Florida to EC Final mean that they will probably not havecto give Pitt those conditional 1st andc5th round picks anyway..

The possibility is that Bunting if playsxeoth Crosby puts up Gientzel numbers and Guentzel says Crosby flops to Bunting numbers...

But Pitt had a poir prospect pool so the haul of Carolina prospects they got makes it worth just giving up a Guentzel rental whovthey would not be ablectovextebt anyway.

So a goodxdeal for Pitt a questionable haul for Carolina if Guebtzel failsctobleadcthem to EC Final let alone SC win..

This was an all in bet by Carolinacthat Guentzel iscthevguyvto put them 0ver the top...which rentals rarely do.
Bunting isn't putting up Guentzel numbers with Crosby. Not even close.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
This isn't the Crosby of 2010. He doesn't drag players up that degree anymore.

Last 5 years
Crosby: 308 GP, 136 Goals, 213 Assists, 349 Points, 1.13 PPG. T-25th in Goals, 16th in NHL points across that timeframe.
Guentzel: 299 GP, 141 Goals, 168 Assists, 309 Points, 1.03 PPG. T-20th in Goals, 32nd in NHL points across that timeframe.

Two good linemates playing together, not one guy pulling an average player up kicking and screaming.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Carolina also need more options in for the top 6 next year because they are going to sell us Necas.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Florida’s additions of Tarasenko and Okposo remind me a lot of the 2013 Penguins adding Iginla and Morrow.

You have a team that plays a certain style and pace, and you’re adding two guys that play a much different, much slower game.

Not saying it cant work or they wont fit, just feels like a bit of deja vu.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Also, it only took a 3rd to get Toffoli at 50% retained?

I’d much rather have him than either of the guys Florida picked up.

Kinda wish the Canes picked him up…

Reactions: Pez68

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
A second and a third.

My bad, misread.

Still more than fair price. Led his teams in scoring the last two seasons, versatile, playoff performer, etc.

Big fan of that pickup for WPG, and frankly I think its crazy Monahan cost them more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad