• Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 55 16.1%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 18 5.3%

• Total voters

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
In 2012 : hey Preds, why did you picked Filip Forsberg in draft heavy defenseman?

Picking Reinbacher in forward heavy draft is so not an argument against picking Reinbacher.

Lets see how 2024 unfold. I expect Habs to draft lower. Me thinks we fight for a wild card spot.
Washington drafted Forsberg. Nashville traded/stole Forsberg from the Caps.

Reactions: calder candidate

Kaladin

Nov 5, 2017
Could the draft 2023 and 2024 be like the 2015 and 2016 draft? Celebrini is on the same tier as Auston matthews. 2 great draft back to back. Hope, we get more ''lucky'' next year.(lottery)
It’s not happening. Our odds will be so low where we end up (8-12th). Only the longest of shots will get us a star offensive player to add to our core in the upcoming drafts.

Hughes is basically betting on this core to be good enough to win the cup someday.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Kristers Ansons looks to be the best Latvian prospect in a long time

6"4 forward, 17 goals and 24 points in 31 games for Riga in the top Men's league in Latvia.

Could be a beast, the goal total really stands out to me.

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
I wanted a forward, but I always said that if Reinbacher can become a Seider // Heiskanen that would be a very good pick. Since the draft, I believe that's a great pick. @Goldenhands and @WeThreeKings like his potential and when I say to them if they believe that he have potential to have same impact of a Seider, they say yes. So I'm hype to have him in the system. Hutson - Reinbacher can become a very very solid pair.
If Reinbacher become a kind of McDonagh/Pietrangelo, that would be good for us.

For 2024, we need a offensive forward, top6, that can score,

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'm still not against drafting a d provided they have superstar upside.

X-Reinbacher
Guhle-Mailloux
Hutson-Xhekaj

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
Caufield - Suzuki - ?
Slaf - Dach - Newhook
Heineman - Beck - Roy
Tuch - RHP - Davidson

* Extras (or trading pieces): Farell, Mesar, Kidney, Ylonen, Kapanen.

Hutson - Reinbacher
Guhle - Mailloux
Engstrom - Barron

* Extras: Harris, Xhekaj

Our biggest needs : Franchise goaltender + Franchise first line player.

Askarov? Lafrenière? Through the draft?

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

X-Reinbacher
Guhle-Mailloux
Hutson-Xhekaj

Depends where we're picking obviously. Cole Hutson looked great at the U18s, and so did Jiricek. I'm not that excited about Kiviharju, but we'll see how his season goes with IFK. I actually think Helenius might be the first finn off the board.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Celebrini is far more like Toews than Matthews. Eiserman is more in that vein but as a goal scoring winger.
Has not comparing playstyle. Has talking about the impact on the ice. If Bedard is on the same tier as Crosby and McDavid. Is Celebrini on the second tier : Mathews, Kucherov, Kane..?

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014

X-Reinbacher
Guhle-Mailloux
Hutson-Xhekaj
I'm agains't it, if it means that we pass on a star forward

Guhle-Reinbacher
Xhekaj-Mailloux
Hutson-Engstrom
Harris- Kovacevic

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Has not comparing playstyle. Has talking about the impact on the ice. If Bedard is on the same tier as Crosby and McDavid. Is Celebrini on the second tier : Mathews, Kucherov, Kane..?

Yeah, I would say his potential is in that 2nd tier. Imo, he's an overall stronger player than Fantilli. He doesn't bring Fantilli's size & physicality though.

He's around the same size as Nathan MacKinnon during his draft year, and brings elite speed & hands. He gets comparisons to Toews due to a really high compete level and defensive play. He really attacks/pressures players on the backcheck.

Celebrini will be playing with Lane Hutson at Boston University next season. Toews also played NCAA during his draft year (North Dakota), and was just under a ppg.

We'll what Celebrini does at BU. Hockey East is a tough conference, so he'll be well challenged.

Reactions: Sagikev and rahad

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Yeah, I would say his potential is in that 2nd tier. Imo, he's an overall stronger player than Fantilli. He doesn't bring Fantilli's size & physicality though.

He's around the same size as Nathan MacKinnon during his draft year, and brings elite speed & hands. He gets comparisons to Toews due to a really high compete level and defensive play. He really attacks/pressures players on the backcheck.

Celebrini will be playing with Lane Hutson at Boston University next season. Toews also played NCAA during his draft year (North Dakota), and was just under a ppg.

We'll what Celebrini does at BU. Hockey East is a tough conference, so he'll be well challenged.
it would be crazy to draft him. Both Celebrini and Hutson will be great with the Habs. Just gotta hope, we get lucky next year.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
In 2012 : hey Preds, why did you picked Filip Forsberg in draft heavy defenseman?

Picking Reinbacher in forward heavy draft is so not an argument against picking Reinbacher.

Lets see how 2024 unfold. I expect Habs to draft lower. Me thinks we fight for a wild card spot.
Nashville never drafted Forsberg. Washington did.

But in case this is just a typo:

Easy answer: because at 11 nine dmen were already drafted.

in 23, at 5, only 4 fwds were taken.

you dont see the difference?

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Nashville never drafted Forsberg. Washington did.

But in case this is just a typo:

Easy answer: because at 11 nine dmen were already drafted.

in 23, at 5, only 4 fwds were taken.

you dont see the difference?
Yes typo my bad.

I do see the difference. But it being a forward heavy draft in no way discredit the Reinbacher selection. Its a bad argument.

It does not negate Reinbacher upside nor potential. Nor does it justify to pick a forward above him.

Forward heavy draft or defenseman heavy draft or goalie heavy draft.

The BPA rule state that at your spot, you pick who you believe is BPA

Forsberg would have been an awesome, top pick in 2012 at 5 overall, in front of 8 dman. Do you see the similarity?

JC Superstar

Aug 7, 2013
Caufield - Suzuki - ?
Slaf - Dach - Newhook
Heineman - Beck - Roy
Tuch - RHP - Davidson

* Extras (or trading pieces): Farell, Mesar, Kidney, Ylonen, Kapanen.

Hutson - Reinbacher
Guhle - Mailloux
Engstrom - Barron

* Extras: Harris, Xhekaj

Our biggest needs : Franchise goaltender + Franchise first line player.

Askarov? Lafrenière? Through the draft?

D'Aigle

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
was just watching my first Fowler game in the USHL from this past season, noticed Sacha Boisvert any relation to the former Habs scout? He looked pretty good and is going to North Dakota in a couple years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad