HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I'm edging towards Iginla as well, but that's a bit because of notoriety. Catton is so talented, the only problem I have with him is I'm not sure he can compete against other older centers in the league. At least not without spending a significant amount of time in the AHL.

I could see Iginla ace the camp and play in the league at 18, not Catton.

Reactions: _vivelequebec_

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Gezzzz who do we pick between Catton and Iginla ??

Iginla. Catton is very good, but Iginla fit perfectly on Habs system. He is the type of player they want. I will be very happy with Tij Iginla, I'm huge fan of him. One of my favorite prospect in this draft. I would take him even with the #5. I love him like that. That will be a very good pick at 6, 7 or 8.

Last edited:

_vivelequebec_

Mar 5, 2007
Montréal
Iginla. Catton is very good, but Iginla fit perfectly on Habs system. He is the type of player they want. I will be very happy with Tij Iginla, I'm huge fan of him. One of of my favorite prospect in this draft. I would take him even with the #5. I love him like that. That will be a very good picknat 6, 7 or 8.
Same here.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Well, Grant has Sennecke in his top 10 now and according to the scouts he's talked too they have him ahead of Catton now. I guess he's the real late riser right now. Said he will be in consideration especially if Iginla is gone by our pick.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Iginla. Catton is very good, but Iginla fit perfectly on Habs system. He is the type of player they want. I will be very happy with Tij Iginla, I'm huge fan of him. One of my favorite prospect in this draft. I would take him even with the #5. I love him like that. That will be a very good pick at 6, 7 or 8.
Would it be worth it to drop down 2 or 3 spots then ?
And i wonder if you can kindda secure Iginla by making sure the 2 or 3 teams in front don't draft him.
For sure the one you trade with will tell who is he picking but not the other 2.

trade #5
for
#8 CGY+ high second #40

• Wow
Reactions: jaffy27

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Would it be worth it to drop down 2 or 3 spots then ?
And i wonder if you can kindda secure Iginla by making sure the 2 or 3 teams in front don't draft him.
For sure the one you trade with will tell who is he picking but not the other 2.

trade #5
for
#8 CGY+ high second #40
Depends what youre getting. Theoretically yes, but if you're dropping then... why are people trading up?

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Well, Grant has Sennecke in his top 10 now and according to the scouts he's talked too they have him ahead of Catton now. I guess he's the real late riser right now. Said he will be in consideration especially if Iginla is gone by our pick.
If Iginla is gone, this means Demidov or Lindstrom is still there….doubt Sennecke is our guy

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I'd maybe consider him with the Winnipeg pick

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I think Iginla will be there when we draft for sure, don’t need to think about it too much. But i don’t think Grant’s wrong, Sennecke will go way higher than some think. A 6’2 winger with tons of skills who’s on a upward trajectory? yep, scouts like that.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
If Iginla is gone, this means Demidov or Lindstrom is still there….doubt Sennecke is our guy
I can see a world where we're picking 7th or 8th and Celebrini, Demidov, Lindstrom and Iginla are gone by our pick along with 2 or 3 defensemen.

Silayev and Dickinson have both been a bit disappointing lately and Parekh might seem like too big of a gamble for some GMs. If our pick rolls around and those 4 forwards are gone then things could get interesting.

Edit: Tij with a goal and assist and the game's only halfway through. He very well could play himself out of reach if Kelowna goes on a run and he keeps producing like this.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
I think Iginla will be there when we draft for sure, don’t need to think about it too much. But i don’t think Grant’s wrong, Sennecke will go way higher than some think. A 6’2 winger with tons of skills who’s on a upward trajectory? yep, scouts like that.

Would not be shocked if a team like Anaheim takes Iginla high. He is exactly what Verbeek likes.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

Grant is full of sh*t and does not have the connections that he claims to have.

(mod)

Last edited by a moderator:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
There's no way Sennecke will still be around at that time. He was 19 on Bobby Mac's mid-year list and his stock has been rising fast since then.

I agree that we likely won't get a shot at him with Winnipeg's pick but there is no evidence to suggest that he is rising since Mackenzie's list. I am not saying that he isn't rising but we have know way of knowing if he is actually rising.

• Haha
Reactions: TheBuriedHab

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Pasta was never considered undersized for a skilled player. That was just the narrative used on these boards to justify those who liked Scherbak better

I’m not familiar with that narrative.

Pasta was slight and weak. Even Gretzky - scouting director and his biggest fan - was a little worried about it. He said he’d fall over if you blew on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad