Votes: 55 16.1%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 18 5.3%

• Total voters

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
After 2 years with high pick, I'm very happy with Slafkovsky and Reinbacher. Some people compare that with another high pick, but the potential of both are tremendous. Fans need to be hype with that type of talents, Slafkovsky tools are rare and I believe that we are all going see his real talent next season. Reinbacher play already a very good hockey in a very good league. For comparison at same age, he put number like elite D-man in NHL, that's very encouraging.

Don't forget Habs drafted a stud with Lane Hutson last year aswell!
You hated on Reinbacher for months and now youre happy

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
You hated on Reinbacher for months and now youre happy

I wanted a forward, but I always said that if Reinbacher can become a Seider // Heiskanen that would be a very good pick. Since the draft, I believe that's a great pick. @Goldenhands and @WeThreeKings like his potential and when I say to them if they believe that he have potential to have same impact of a Seider, they say yes. So I'm hype to have him in the system. Hutson - Reinbacher can become a very very solid pair.

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
What if we had Jiricek and Michkov? A better forward and an equally good D?
Exactly. A trade down for another first and Jiricek (2022. ex.: 3rd + 29th from Arizona = Jiricek + Howard or Fircus or Schaefer. In 2023, Michkov or a trade down + another first (ex.: Flyers 7th + 22th = Leonard + Perreault or Bonk.
I know it's easy to do it after the drafts, but it was a serious option last year and this year.

Last edited:

MarkJ

Jun 30, 2019
Preliminary rankings dont come out til Hlinka tournament.

Rough top 25 rankings:

1. Macklin Celebrini (C) - Boston University
1. Cole Eiserman (LW) - US NTDP
3. Ivan Demidov (C) - MHL (Russia)
4. Artyom Levshunov (RD) - Green Bay (USHL)
5. Aaron Kiviharju (LD) - HIFK (Liiga)
6. Igor Chernyshov (LW) - MHL (Russia)
7. Berkley Catton (C) - Spokane (WHL)
8. Zeev Buium (LD) - US NTDP
9. Linus Ericksson (C) - Djurgardens J20
10. Konsta Helenius (RW) - Jukurit (Liiga)
11. Cole Hutson (LD) - US NTDP
12. Zayne Parekh (RD) - Saginaw (OHL)
13. Cayden Lindstrom (C) - Medicine Hat (WHL)
14. Beckett Sennecke (RW) - Oshawa (OHL)
15. Tomas Lavoie (RD) - Cape Breton (QMJHL)
16. Trevor Connelly (C) - Tri-City (USHL)
17. Anton Olsson (LD) - Mora J20
18. Carter Yakemchuk (RD) - Portland (WHL)
19. Liam Greentree (RW) - Windsor (OHL)
20. Maxim Massé (RW) - Chicoutimi (QMJHL)
21. Sam Dickinson (LD) - London (OHL)
22. Ryder Ritchie (RW) - Prince Albert (WHL)
23. Henry Mews (RD) - Ottawa (OHL)
24. Jesse Heslop (LW) - Everett (WHL)
25. Tij Iginla (C) - Kelowna (WHL)
so many D's for Bobrov and Martin!

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site

Rough top 25 rankings:

8. Zeev Buium (LD) - US NTDP
9. Linus Ericksson (C) - Djurgardens J20
10. Konsta Helenius (RW) - Jukurit (Liiga)
11. Cole Hutson (LD) - US NTDP
12. Zayne Parekh (RD) - Saginaw (OHL)
13. Cayden Lindstrom (C) - Medicine Hat (WHL)
14. Beckett Sennecke (RW) - Oshawa (OHL)
15. Tomas Lavoie (RD) - Cape Breton (QMJHL)
16. Trevor Connelly (C) - Tri-City (USHL)
17. Anton Olsson (LD) - Mora J20
18. Carter Yakemchuk (RD) - Portland (WHL)
19. Liam Greentree (RW) - Windsor (OHL)
20. Maxim Massé (RW) - Chicoutimi (QMJHL)
21. Sam Dickinson (LD) - London (OHL)
22. Ryder Ritchie (RW) - Prince Albert (WHL)
23. Henry Mews (RD) - Ottawa (OHL)
24. Jesse Heslop (LW) - Everett (WHL)
25. Tij Iginla (C) - Kelowna (WHL)
No Jiricek I found him to be very impression at the U18

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I wanted a forward, but I always said that if Reinbacher can become a Seider // Heiskanen that would be a very good pick. Since the draft, I believe that's a great pick. @Goldenhands and @WeThreeKings like his potential and when I say to them if they believe that he have potential to have same impact of a Seider, they say yes. So I'm hype to have him in the system. Hutson - Reinbacher can become a very very solid pair.

If he becomes Heiskanen or Seider he'll be a good pick, is that right mate?

Geecko

Aug 21, 2012
Seeing our tendency from the last 2 drafts, we should be drafting Michael Nygard so that we can say we drafted the highest prospect from another country (this time Norway) after Slovakia and Austria. :sarcasm:

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Imagine if we ended up with Wright and Michkov.

Our rebuild would be so well underway. After all, we would not be again the smallest, softest team in the league, full of question marks.
Sorry, I don't see it with Wright

I woulda personally prefered

Cooley/Leonard
Nemec/Michkov
Nemec/Leonard

I say that because I wanted Cooley and Nemec at 1 and 2 last year and one of the forwards this year with a slight advantage to Leonard

I think Cooley with Leonard alongside Caufield and Suzuki with Dach in the top 6 would have been a joy to watch

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Interesting that Howe didn't crack your top 25. He's going to be one of the older players in the draft and it'll be fun to track his development. I'm curious as to how he's going to fare being the catalyst for Regina.

One of my personal favorite prospects in this draft is Demidov. I doubt he makes the big club on a permanent basis (maybe a loan to Sochi could be in effect?); he showed a lot of promise when I saw him in the MHL last year. I could see him fall out of the top 5 with the Russian factor and so on, but the skill on that kid is incredible.

Kaladin

Nov 5, 2017
In 2yrs of drafting, this management has 5 times more points (goals and assists) accumulated by their drafted players then any other team in the NHL.

I say they stay
You know what they say about stats….

Sure and if Beck becomes Bergeron and Slaf becomes Mario Lemieux they would become excellent picks too.

We’ll see what Reinbacher actually becomes. I don’t see Seider/Heiskanen upside.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Sorry, I don't see it with Wright

I woulda personally prefered

Cooley/Leonard
Nemec/Michkov
Nemec/Leonard

I say that because I wanted Cooley and Nemec at 1 and 2 last year and one of the forwards this year with a slight advantage to Leonard

I think Cooley with Leonard alongside Caufield and Suzuki with Dach in the top 6 would have been a joy to watch
Now you gonna have to enjoy Slaf and Suzuki and Caufield and Dach at front.

But now you have Reinbacher play alongside Hutson and Mailloux alongside Guhle and Xhekaj alongside Barron….on paper this is pretty sweet!!

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Sure and if Beck becomes Bergeron and Slaf becomes Mario Lemieux they would become excellent picks too.

We’ll see what Reinbacher actually becomes. I don’t see Seider/Heiskanen upside.

It's more realistic to project Reinbacher have a same impact of Heiskanen or Seider than Slaf have a same impact of Lemieux. What he did in Swiss league that's very good. SHL, Liiigaa and NLA are very close league each others. Reinbacher have season like them in Euro league at same age. The potential of him is very tremendous. So I'm not biased, we are just selected a guy who play already good in a great league at 18 years old. Let's be hype about this!!

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
You know what they say about stats….

They’re not stats, they’re results

Curious, how many Reinbacher games have you watched? Like what feed are you using to watch his Swiss league games?

Reactions: Vachon23

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
It's more realistic to project Reinbacher have a same impact of Heiskanen or Seider than Slaf have a same impact of Lemieux. What he did in Swiss league that's very good. SHL, Liiigaa and NLA are very close league each others. Reinbacher have season like them in Euro league at same age. The potential of him is very tremendous. So I'm not biased, we are just selected a guy who play already good in a great league at 18 years old. Let's be hype about this!!

This you?

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
This you?

Hahaha! I just wanted a forward, but since the draft, I like that pick and the idea of having Guhle, Hutson and Reinbacher in Habs roster, that's potentially to become very very good.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
This you?

Admittedly funny.

We might be in a position (or not) to send you a dart concerning Slaf ;-)

• Haha
Reactions: NotProkofievian

Kaladin

Nov 5, 2017
They’re not stats, they’re results

Curious, how many Reinbacher games have you watched? Like what feed are you using to watch his Swiss league games?
I’m not gonna pretend I’ve seen all his games but I tried catching a handful once he started getting hype as the possible top D in the draft. NL hockey have a daily pass I’d recommend (if this wasn’t a troll question and you genuinely wanted to know for your own purposes).

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal

Rough top 25 rankings:

Could the draft 2023 and 2024 be like the 2015 and 2016 draft? Celebrini is on the same tier as Auston matthews. 2 great draft back to back. Hope, we get more ''lucky'' next year.(lottery)

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I honestly hope Slaf makes me delete my account lol.
Ah. We are on an exchange board. Cant always agree and "predict" everything right.

I hope he makes you wrong because that would be aligned with our shared goals. No need to delete your account for this if it happens. Otherwise, HFBoards would change even more than the NHL coaching carrousel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad