OT: 2024 Flyers STH Town Hall - February 19th (Originally Scheduled For 1/19) (Audio In Post #84)

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I have not listened to these to even have clue if they sound good or if this way of posting works but here they are.

Dan Hilferty:

Business Ops:

Hockey Ops:

Put them on SoundCloud or something?

This isn't working. It's telling us we need access

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
Briere was surprised when Torts came to him wanting to name a captain so Torts did it all himself.

Absolutely no mention of the players selecting him.
Briere did also mention that a ton of people in the organization always felt Coots was the next captain, that he was the leader in the room when Giroux got traded, and that they all told Torts as much last year, but that Torts needed/wanted to see it for himself before a decision was made and that Coots was away from the team for almost all of last year so Torts had limited interaction with him.

Said that Torts decided he was ready after he personally challenged Coots on his play a couple weeks back and Coots responded with a game winning goal. I would assume that was a reference to Coots game winner on 2/10 against the Kraken.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
They all spoke very highly of Couturier and Jonesy made a point to speak about what a fantastic leader Konecny has also become and how deserved it is that he is wearing the A now… absolutely zero mention from anyone of Scott Laughton. Similar to how Torts said nothing about Laughton at his chalk talk.

To me this is just further confirmation he’s gone if they get anything close to fair value.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
They’re honoring Kate Smith at some point.

That’s Hilferty’s big thing.

God Bless America is coming back for, I imagine, the Playoffs as he said they’re going to honor the right way and it’ll make the fans proud and it’ll be a surprise.

As he proceeds to start singing God Bless America.
If anything shows the inability to move on from something 50 years ago...

But hey maybe they created an AI Kate Smith and sent it to diversity training.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
If anything shows the inability to move on from something 50 years ago...

But hey maybe they created an AI Kate Smith and sent it to diversity training.
She was in her early twenties as a female in 1931 trying to make a career.in the Great Depression. Singing what they told her too. Heck even Paul Roberson recorded it ( he was black)

FFS she even went on public radio as an adult and repeatedly voiced her opinion about racial equality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad