2024 Draft

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Just swing for the fences. We stopped doing that when Sutter came back.

Stromgren has 9 points in 36 for the Wranglers while Stankoven is setting the AHL on fire with 50 points. A few Flames fans were even hoping for Stankoven at the time iirc
Weird time to post Stromgren's stats...5 of those points have come in his last 4 games.
He still ain't anywhere close to Stinky Stanky though!

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Imagine if Dallas draft Iginla and then we trade for him. Or maybe we should trade Lindholm to Dallas for the pick to draft Iginla?

I also keep wondering if it would be better not to draft Tij and hope to acquire him later on so he doesn't suffer from excessive pressure while developing.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Imagine if Dallas draft Iginla and then we trade for him. Or maybe we should trade Lindholm to Dallas for the pick to draft Iginla?

I also keep wondering if it would be better not to draft Tij and hope to acquire him later on so he doesn't suffer from excessive pressure while developing.
If that unfolds as you describe, the Stars have to draft Iginla, and need to be the Flames' 2nd choice instead of (checks notes) whoever the Todd Harvey equivalent is.

Reactions: Fig

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Well adding Brzustew.....man we need a nickname for him....and Jurmo, or need for a DMan with our 1st pick is greatly reduced. Still would love a guy like Dickenson, but likely a F now at around 7th.

Some interesting guys at around 30th. What about Dan Letourneau? Green 6'6 Center. Or Jecho - 6'5 C

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hopefully Vegas can overtake Vancouver and then the Canucks and all the division winners don't make it past round 2, as that would leave their pick no worse than 24th, but that is pretty unlikely. I suspect the pick will be 23-28

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Just swing for the fences. We stopped doing that when Sutter came back.

Stromgren has 9 points in 36 for the Wranglers while Stankoven is setting the AHL on fire with 50 points. A few Flames fans were even hoping for Stankoven at the time iirc
Stromgren was swinging for the fences. A big guy who can skate much better than he should and has electric hands but hasn’t figured out how to put it all together was a big boom/bust pick. Just like picking the 5’8 player who plays a very “constantly battling, in your face” game with large questions about whether that’ll work once playing against much stronger men in pro leagues was a boom/bust pick. The theme that only players with great production but large question marks are the swinging for fences picks are convoluted takes, and is equivalent to reading a hockeyDB page to analyze a player.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Not very hard to slip a bit more into a top 6 draft slot or even a top 4 one and have a real nice shot at winning the lottery.

Sell more and accept the rebuild in full force.

Go Flames Go!

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Well adding Brzustew.....man we need a nickname for him....and Jurmo, or need for a DMan with our 1st pick is greatly reduced. Still would love a guy like Dickenson, but likely a F now at around 7th.

Some interesting guys at around 30th. What about Dan Letourneau? Green 6'6 Center. Or Jecho - 6'5 C
I'm using Brewski. Brr, Chilly and Bruce could work vs some inexplicably crappy and unimaginative ones I saw in the prospect thread.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Possible if they get some more late firsts for Hanifin and Tanev that they could package two to move up for a player they really like

Ngl I haven’t really been following the prospects this year outside of the top guys so I’m not sure what that might look like. Seems to be a D heavy draft?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

I like Brzy. Mostly because it's easy to spell.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Something we lack in the pipeline is a physical DMan.
Charlie Elick had a good prospects game and apparently loves to hit. He's in that sweet spot of a late 1st, which hopefully we have a couple of.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Tij had a 4 point game tonight. Man he’s a good player
We're really going for that WC spot aren't we?
Which means we're likely out of range on Tij. I had hoped we could nab him with a 2nd 1st rnder around 15th-20th, but he's likely going 10-15
Still need that potential #1 C, maybe Trevor Connelly? Lots of controversy around him though.
If not him, Hemming, Greentree and Chernyshov all in that range

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Which means we're likely out of range on Tij. I had hoped we could nab him with a 2nd 1st rnder around 15th-20th, but he's likely going 10-15
Still need that potential #1 C, maybe Trevor Connelly? Lots of controversy around him though.
Once we lose Tanev and Hanifin, we're going to struggle big time. I don't think we win more than 16 points the rest of teh season.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Once we lose Tanev and Hanifin, we're going to struggle big time. I don't think we win more than 16 points the rest of teh season.
I don't know....beat LA and we're knocking at the door of a playoff spot.
It could only be Hanifin that is moved.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I really doubt a WC spot is in the cards. Not even Markstrom could cover up the holes no Tanev/Hanifin would leave.

I’d guess 15 is the absolute lowest the pick is.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
1. Celebrini
2. Dickinson
3. Demidov
4. Levshunov
5. Silayev
6. Yakemchuk
7. Lindstrom
8. Buuim
9. Catton
10. Parekh
11. Helenius
12. Eisermann
13. Iginla
14. Artamanov
15. Connelly

I really like all of those players. You’d have to be really happy to add any of those guys to the organization. It’s a deep first round. Not as high on Helenius as others but that’s probably cause he was meh at the WJC. There’s a gap after that but hopefully one of Boisvert, Chernyshov, Nygaard is really good too if we make the playoffs.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
I highly doubt Connelly goes that high given all the baggage, not the least of which is his seemingly toxic family/parents.

Flames schedule for the stretch run is butter soft easy

But if the Flames are in a position to take Iginla, then still a win

Reactions: horner

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I highly doubt Connelly goes that high given all the baggage, not the least of which is his seemingly toxic family/parents.

Flames schedule for the stretch run is butter soft easy

But if the Flames are in a position to take Iginla, then still a win

Looks like an 8 game losing streak to me.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
I really hope Calgary gets to be the team that ends Eiserman’s slide at the draft. Really feels like a player that’s being overly dissected because of how he was supposed to have an outside chance to at being #1 going into this season. Yes he has his flaws, but how many times do you get somebody that every single scout and team knows is the best goal scorer in the draft in the 10s. Pretty reasonable chance after it’s all said and done he’s just a bigger Caufield.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
So with what we know now, we have 2 picks in the 1st rnd. Ours should be 10-15, and Van's late in the rnd
I think we can all agree we stocked the D cupboards, and now need to focus on F, specifically C

Hoping we can still get Iginla (I know he's a LW mostly, but still) and Boisvert with the later pick
Dean Letourneau would be a good pick too.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Wouldnt even say D is stocked, theres no blue chipper there. If any of the big D fell i have no reservations taking em

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad