GDT: 2023 World Series: (AL) Texas Rangers vs (NL) Arizona Diamondbacks

TEX vs ARI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
That probably just delayed the inevitable. The way Scherzer looks it’s highly unlikely he isn’t gonna get his tits lit up tonight

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Pfaadt didn’t seem like same guy this inning. You wonder if the misfortunes of the prior inning might have bothered him

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Seager may totally stink in the final 3-4 years of this deal and I don't think Rangers fans would be bothered at this point.

He already isn’t the same guy he used to be. Keith Hernandez said for years his long swing would result in a short prime because once he got to 29-31 the bat would slow down.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Scherzer tending to stay away from the slider his last two games I felt indicated he had a health issue of some kind

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The one positive for Arizona is Texas has nobody to start now tomorrow so even if you lose this game you might have a big advantage tomorrow

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Neither does Arizona, bullpen day already announced.
I think I’d rather be in their situation though as they will throw their loser pen tonight and Texas will have to throw their winning guys. If you’re Arizona you’re sort of inclined I think to stay away from your best guys here. It might pay dividends tomorrow

I think I’d rather be in their situation though as they will throw their loser pen tonight and Texas will have to throw their winning guys. If you’re Arizona you’re sort of inclined I think to stay away from your best guys here. It might pay dividends tomorrow

As I post this they do exactly that brining in Castro lol

Reactions: Summer Rose

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
This could challenge for the worst viewed series of all time. Does anyone outside their respective cities even care about these teams?
As a footnote:
Texas' extra-inning comeback victory over Arizona on Friday night was the least-watched Game 1 in World Series TV history. The Rangers' 6-5 win over the Diamondbacks in 11 innings averaged 9.35 million viewers on Fox, Fox Deportes and Fox's streaming service.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
It was funny because the commentators were praising the home plate ump for calling a perfect game. Then the next pitch was an awful missed call, followed by numerous subsequent other ones. :laugh:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
This is quickly becoming a series of missed opportunities for the Dbacks. Winning 5-3 in the bottom of the 9th in game 1 and you lose that one, can't score more than 0 runs on a Scherzer that, in my eyes, wasn't looking good at all, despite having traffic on the bases to do so (and even getting thrown out at home). Gotta right this ship starting tonight.

I guess they don't technically need to win both of the next two at home (if you can win two in Philly, you can win two in Texas), but it would be nice to not be playing with their backs against the wall.

And for the love of god can we get better umpiring behind the plate? It's beyond frustrating and it's killing the vibes to watch balls be strikes and strikes be balls and you never know where it's going to crop up, but they almost seem to do it intentionally in 2 strike or 3 ball counts.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Sounds like Garcia may still be available off the bench? But either way, another big opportunity for the Dbacks that they need to capitalize on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad