GDT: 2023 World Series: (AL) Texas Rangers vs (NL) Arizona Diamondbacks

TEX vs ARI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Feels like it's destiny for the Rangers, taking them in 6.

All credit to the Diamondbacks for getting here but aside from the 2007 and 2011 NY Giants and the 2006 STL Cardinals, these Cinderella teams usually meet their Waterloo in the Final round.

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
Arizona seems to certainly be riding the good pitching/good defense/speed wave....and they have some wicked mojo going. But the Rangers seem to be seeing the baseball like beach balls - so Texas in 6.

Sep 19, 2008
Rangers

Would be pleasantly surprised if D-backs make it a series. Don't have the courage to bet on Texas this series lol

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
This World Series proves that the best teams don't make the World Series, but rather the hottest teams.

Whoever wins may end up being the worst World Series winner of all-time.

• Wow
Reactions: MMC

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Rangers hitting scares me, but the Dbacks weathered the Phillies hitting, and they had no problems with the Dodgers hitting, so who knows.

Just thrilled they made it all the way here in a year where their goal was "to play meaningful baseball in September".

Reactions: Summer Rose

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Man, I vaguely remember reading back in the beginning of the season that if Degrom opted for therapy instead of surgery he wouldve been able come back around the time of the WS if the Rangers made it. I scoffed of course since it was so far away and who knows if the Rangers can make it. Wouldve loved to see Degrom here but that's not gonna happen.

So, Dbacks in seven. Corbin Carrolls second year, Gurriel brothers, Paul Sewald. Nuts.

Reactions: Summer Rose

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
lol if arizona wins the regualr season needs to be changed how can u play 162 games and have a 84 win team world champion .

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lol if arizona wins the regualr season needs to be changed how can u play 162 games and have a 84 win team world champion .
because MLB playoffs are all about who gets hot at the right time, especially now with the expanded format

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

So is the problem that there's too much parity? Is it that the top teams aren't coddled and catered to enough? Is it the optics of there being 20 games of separation between a team like the Braves and a team like the Dbacks? I mean if the 90 win Phillies is that entirely acceptable, but the 84 win Dbacks is not?

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
This could challenge for the worst viewed series of all time. Does anyone outside their respective cities even care about these teams?

Umingmak

Oct 12, 2014
Wildeye Brewing
All of the championships in sports lately have bored me, with the exception of the NBA.

Panthers vs Knights? Meh.
Chiefs vs Eagles? Overdone.
Rangers vs Diamondbacks? Maybe the least interesting (to me) championship matchup...ever.

I genuinely don't care who wins, and I don't see myself watching a single inning.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
All of the championships in sports lately have bored me, with the exception of the NBA.

Panthers vs Knights? Meh.
Chiefs vs Eagles? Overdone.
Rangers vs Diamondbacks? Maybe the least interesting (to me) championship matchup...ever.

I genuinely don't care who wins, and I don't see myself watching a single inning.

Just say you only want big market teams to win and leave the thread?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Dallas, Miami, Philadelphia and Phoenix are huge sports markets. Lmao.

Arizona is not a big market in baseball

You're looking for the LA's, NY's, Atlanta's of the league? Or maybe you're bummed that the Blue Jays choke every season? Idk. It's just super weird behavior to not have posted in the baseball section of this site in over a year, certainly not at all this postseason, only to come in now, out of your way, and tell everyone how bored you are with this matchup? What kind of main character complex is that lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad