GDT: 2023 World Series: (AL) Texas Rangers vs (NL) Arizona Diamondbacks

TEX vs ARI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I've always wondered how MLB classifies their World Series champions. I know any player who played for the team throughout the year will get a ring, even if they were traded away.

But unlike the NHL where only 52 names can get on the Cup, and certain criteria thresholds must be attained to do so, is there a list or banner or something to that effect which MLB has outlining a year's WS champions?
I don't believe MLB has ever had an official standard on that - I believe they only care about the team, not the individual players.

The rings go to whoever the team wants them to go to - again, no real standard. Postseason shares are determined by the players. Websites like Baseball Reference have their own criteria - I notice they're not giving DeGrom the "2023 World Series" banner, presumably because he didn't play in the postseason at all, but he will get a ring.

Basically, there are no official MLB rules on this subject.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When Bengie Molina got traded from the Giants to the Rangers in 2010, he got a ring from both teams

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I get that, but I can see Semien saying it. Seager is very quiet and doesn't like the spotlight from what I've seen this season.
that dust up against houston in july was the first time i had ever seen semien show any kind of emotion on the field. he's always been a "go about your business" type of player

same with seager, which is why im surprised he made this comment. love it though

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
that dust up against houston in july was the first time i had ever seen semien show any kind of emotion on the field. he's always been a "go about your business" type of player

same with seager, which is why im surprised he made this comment. love it though
I don’t get why Astros fans (from Reddit) are so mad about it though. Just digest the L. They were calling it “lame.” How was it lame when he just copied the guy who originally said it? He had every right to talk shit. Not only did his team win the WS, he beat their team to get to that path.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00