2023 Trade Deadline and Speculation (March 3, 2023 3PM ET)

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
It’s a 2025 4th rounder. So it was for nothing. This was about the Ducks fulfilling a promise made when they signed him as a free agent. Classy move by the Ducks.
I mean they had 1.82 million reasons to get him off their roster im sure it was mutual.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Well, Jim Nill didn't stand pat and I'm just happy about that.

More than happy to add Domi + Dadonov to this team. 2 offensive players acquired for the sole reason of helping this team offensively, and for a very affordable cost. Love it

Team still needs another top 4 puck moving dman, but it is what it is. Wouldn't have wanted a rental top 4 dman anyways wouldve been too pricey I imagine

Reactions: Smelling Salt

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006

More than happy to add Domi + Dadonov to this team. 2 offensive players acquired for the sole reason of helping this team offensively, and for a very affordable cost. Love it

Team still needs another top 4 puck moving dman, but it is what it is. Wouldn't have wanted a rental top 4 dman anyways wouldve been too pricey I imagine
Harleyyyyy

serp

Jan 17, 2016

They weren't getting that at the deadline . If anything they'd have added some other option for the third pairing as depth. Not enough capspace for anything more than that . For puckmovers its now Harley or bust . He's had a very good AHL season so .

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

I would have done the Ghost trade for the 2026 3rd, but that's about it

Reactions: Kcb12345

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
I might be the only one that wouldn't have done the Ghost trade. I'd prefer Harley to get that postseason experience if the player is going to be that underwhelming.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Has anyone had their value tank like Klingberg over the last 1.5 years? He was about to sign 8x7.5 or something but his agent said we can get more. Then he gets nothing. Now he is traded for a 4th rounder.. holy f***. From $60M contract offer from Dallas to being worth less than a league minimum scrub bub.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Cant find any line speculations of your lineup for tomorrow in any of these threads now since the deadline is done.....?

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
if u guys wanna have a chuckle, just go to the Avs board and read how they're feeling today

their world is crumbling down .... only 9 months after their team won the cup. we truly don't deserve the internet.
Recommend starting in a particular thread or just go through them all?

Reactions: Kcb12345

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Assuming on the Seguin line. Something like dunno Marchment-Seguin/Domi-Domi/Seguin.
Interesting sire. Domi has been real solid especially at the center so we willeth see what happens tomorrow. Hopefully he shines like a saltshaker with yall :clap: he has learned a lot from his dad.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Recommend starting in a particular thread or just go through them all?

its so f***ing funny

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
In Colorado's defense, they essentially have a different GM than the one who built the Cup winner. It's not too far off from the Bob Gainey - Doug Armstrong dynamic.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Surprised Colorado didn't go after Domi. Would've been a really good fit there honestly

Especially considering they essentially gave up the same/got an even worse deal on Eller. Guess he fit more of a need, idk

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022

The Western Conference is wide-open. Sure, the Dallas Stars, Vegas Golden Knights, Seattle Kraken and Minnesota Wild have had strong seasons, but none of those teams has really separated themselves from the rest of the pack. Those teams had a chance to create some separation at the deadline and just didn't do so.

The Stars added forward Max Domi and the Wild added defenseman John Klingberg. Those aren't bad moves by any means, but they're not ones that are transforming your roster into a Stanley Cup contender. This was a chance to make a statement and nobody really did.

Now, as brutal as a season as it has been, the Colorado Avalanche could be a lot healthier come playoff time. The Avalanche could swoop right in and make a run at a second consecutive trip to the Stanley Cup Final.

This is exactly what I have been saying all along. Nill had a chance to find a difference maker and did not. I’m sure no one preseason thought Dallas would be in this spot and that could have played a role in Nills decisions as he did not have his 1st in 2023. Still missed a massive opportunity to be a standout team in the west. Domi is okay and will help seguins line but not what they needed to really get over the top.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad