2023 Trade Deadline and Speculation (March 3, 2023 3PM ET)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The Nesterenko kid looks interesting though . So maybe thats something

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
The Nesterenko kid looks interesting though . So maybe thats something

He has a UFA option this summer as far as I can tell. The player is interesting but as an asset he was a no value throw in to get the deal through. I doubt Minnesota was expecting to sign him.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Man thats a shitty return even for how bad he's been
I think when you look at how every player on the Ducks underperformed, I wonder how much a terrible coach and some bad roster moves depressed everyone on the Ducks. It‘s one where I wonder if going to a better team will see him do more.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Not a fan of the Peterson trade. I think he's an NHL player and there's more risk of him doing well elsewhere than Gurianov. Ultimately not a big deal though.

Honestly the biggest plus of this deadline is that Harley and Bourque are still in the org.

Reactions: DieselPig

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Seems very late for any decent sized trades to come through now. If we traded for a dman and it was Gudas, I imagine we would've heard by now

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think when you look at how every player on the Ducks underperformed, I wonder how much a terrible coach and some bad roster moves depressed everyone on the Ducks. It‘s one where I wonder if going to a better team will see him do more.

The Ducks are horrible no question about it but Klingberg was by far the worst defensive player on the Ducks and it wasn't even close. Ducks are the worst defensive team of the cap era and he was their worst defensive player and by alot

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Not a fan of the Peterson trade. I think he's an NHL player and there's more risk of him doing well elsewhere than Gurianov. Ultimately not a big deal though.

Honestly the biggest plus of this deadline is that Harley and Bourque are still in the org.
We added two top sixers for Guri, Khudobin, and a 15 year old in 2025. We could probably resign one of them if they perform well too. Even if you include the Peterson trade this deadline is nothing but an A.

Reactions: Triple Ex El

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Reedy isn't as bad as he seems. His rookie year last season was better than what Peterson is doing this year. Plus he has more control.

Going from a bottom 3 team in the AHL to the 6th should, hopefully, help bring those numbers back up.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Still wish they added a depth #8-9 guy just in case. Someone cheap with NHL experience if injuries hit. Not the end of the world they didn't but i'm not comfortable with options beyond Harley to play any NHL games

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Still wish they added a depth #8-9 guy just in case. Someone cheap with NHL experience if injuries hit. Not the end of the world they didn't but i'm not comfortable with options beyond Harley to play any NHL games

Worst case there is Butcher, hopefully it doesn't come to that, but he does have NHL experience at least

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad