WC: 2023 Switzerland Roster Talk

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
I guess Mayer and Genoni will split the games over the weekend. And then maybe on Tuesday Schmid, if he really arrives on Monday. I don't think Fischer will play him in the important game vs. SVK on Thursday for the first time.

So let's hope Fiala gets clearance over the weekend. This would be another boost.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Fischer registered Fora, so Berni is the odd man out which I really don't get.

Künzle and Riat not in on F, as expected.

Edit: SRF writes that Hischier, Siegenthaler and Schmid confirmed that they want to travel to Riga and are fit.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
What will the lines be with Hischier/Fiala on the team?

Fiala-Hischier-Niederreiter
?-Malgin-?
Ambuhl-Corvi-?

?

Malgin-Hischier-Fiala
Haas-Corvi-Niederreiter

I think it would be a nice idea to use the chemistry between Nino and Corvi

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
I can't see Haas playing on the wing. I see Malgin as the center most likely to be moved to the wing, and I'd love to see him tried with Hischier. Fiala worked well with Corvi and Niederreiter in 2018, and with Hischier in 2019.

I could see either:

Fiala - Hischier - Malgin
Herzog - Corvi - Niederreiter

or

Ambühl - Hischier - Malgin
Fiala - Corvi - Niederreiter

with Haas and Richard centering the other lines, or maybe Bertschy if Richard ends up out of the lineup.

Then if things don't work out it's possible to fall back on Fiala - Hischier - Niederreiter and have Corvi with Ambühl and Herzog like last year.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Still shocked about Berni. Played much better at the EHT-tournament than Fora and Glauser. I really don't get that decision.

Haas and Corvi are pretty natural centers. So I'd try Malgin at Wing.

Reactions: Swissfan5411

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
No info on that, we'll see that today.

But I guess it's Nino and Malgin. Moser or Kukan on the backend. Then Corvi and maybe Simion.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Aaaand, Fiala is in, will arrive tomorrow or Monday in Riga. Künzle has to travel home.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Aaaand, Fiala is in, will arrive tomorrow or Monday in Riga. Künzle has to travel home.

Nice. I hope the wizards apprentice finally gets the Hischier line mates right this time around. I'd say l let him play with Fiala and Nino. Malgin is not good enough at chip and chase hockey to be on his line.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022

Great news, I can't wait to see him play, he's such a fun player to watch.

Now if we also get Hischier, Sieg and Schmid, we have everything to go through quarter. If we dont, it will be time for Fischer to go imo. That would be too much.

Reactions: Speyer

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Nice. I hope the wizards apprentice finally gets the Hischier line mates right this time around. I'd say l let him play with Fiala and Nino. Malgin is not good enough at chip and chase hockey to be on his line.
Either that or keep Nino with Corvi and play Fiala with Hischier and Malgin on the wing.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I'd love to see Fiala - Hischier - Malgin tried. Or maybe Herzog or Simion could work well.

I think Simion and Herzog (?) have already been tried with Nico in the last few years and not to great success. Even though they didn't play that many games together if I remember correctly. The same thing could be said about Ambühl. I am in favor of loading up all the skill on one line that can break the game if necessary. Spreading out the wealth out hasn't worked that great in the past and we are missing some of the other higher skill forwards like Suter, Ghetto, Hofmann etc. anyway to do that effectively. I am not against leaving Nino on Corvis line but only if the Hischier line works well without him. To get this formation really going will be key for the knockout stage.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
In 2019 Hischier played all games with Fiala, while Praplan, Moser, Hofmann and Niederreiter were tried on the right, Niederreiter being the only one that had any success completing the line.

In 2021 it was Meier and Andrighetto to start the tournament, then Ambühl took Andrighetto's spot, and then Kurashev took Meier's spot. Herzog was tried in Ambühl's spot for one game.

Last year he played all games with Meier while Bertschy, Kurashev and Riat completed the line.

I would say that Fiala has been the most successful winger to play with Hischier, so it's a combination that makes sense. Then Niederreiter would probably be the most logical choice, but then it's hard to come up with other lines. Maybe with Malgin on Haas's wing? They worked well together on the PP today.

I'd rather have more balanced lines, so I'd tried Fiala with Hischier and keep Niederreiter with Corvi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad