GDT: 2023 Regular Season Thread

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

This fan event ruined the 2023 Padres season. Massive egos, hyoebeats, arrogance, already claiming to be the NL Champs, wondering who they’ll meet in the World Series.

All that talent and not even a wild card spot, they got too hyped up cause they went to the NLCS against Philadelphia.

Phillies are back in the show again, why haven’t yall?

• Wow
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Oh wow... I mean... I think that's a hot take you won't get a lot of backers on. Biggio has a long way to go still in terms of getting to Vladdy's value... well like maybe not this year, because this year hasn't been great by any means for Vladdy but there's still a gap there.
I didn't say Guerrero will be the 3rd worst of the group, only that it wouldn't surprise me

Biggio's first 2 seasons in the league (159 games) saw him combine for 24 HR, 76 RBI, 20 SB, and a .368 OBP, so if he's finally putting it all together on the field after several disappointing seasons - and the eye test would certainly suggest he is - then I think the Jays have another all-star caliber player on their hands

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

I think Bauer's main issue is he's (regardless of him being innocent) a huge asshole. No one likes this guy. If he just accepted a suspension and had his agent draft a half assed apology he'd have gotten 80 games and be pitching for the Dodgers. Now he's been great in Japan but I don't know if anyone will sign him, is he worth the headache?

• Wow
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I think Bauer's main issue is he's (regardless of him being innocent) a huge asshole. No one likes this guy. If he just accepted a suspension and had his agent draft a half assed apology he'd have gotten 80 games and be pitching for the Dodgers. Now he's been great in Japan but I don't know if anyone will sign him, is he worth the headache?
I like him

And why would he accept a suspension, and issue an apology for something he didn't do?

kingsholygrail

Predictable 1-2
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
He's arrogant for sure, but there are plenty of arrogant baseball players. I think the point is that he did nothing wrong and the league basically owes him an apology.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

Amzingly, this isn't going to change public opinion of him by 1 single bit. and im not sure he'll ever be back in MLB.

And this is why you can’t just blindly “Believe all women”

Im no laywer but the actions of that "woman" at very least seem to be borderline criminal.

Must’ve been pretty damn hard to bite your tongue knowing those texts existed like he did for some time

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
this was just an easy way to blacklist him

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

This is a stunning response to the new revelations. I mean did you see those texts? Unless they're fabricated (which I doubt, he'd have a big defamation case against him) it seems like he was the victim of a crime.

That woman should be arrested and Bauer should be totally vindicated.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
In this day and age, you are unfortunately guilty until proven innocent. Case in point, Reddit locked a thread about this. I feel the same is happening towards former MSU head coach Mel Tucker.

Not to say I have much sympathy for Bauer or Tucker. Both are damn fools for even getting into situations such as this.

But it's evident to me that Bauer was railroaded here.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
People believe what they want. Personality is a huge factor. If they were well loved, Bonds, Clemens, A-Rod, and Schilling would be HoFers. Idk think Belle is a HoFer but even if he was he'd never get in the Hall.

Where you play and team playoff success are huge factors in baseball. Ryne Sandberg had the most 2B homers and the highest 2B FLD% when he retired and barely got in by 6 votes on the 3rd ballot. Jeter had a -26.5 dWAR and had a 99.74% HoF vote. Greinke will get less votes than he deserves because he played in a small market and has less playoff appearances.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
This is a stunning response to the new revelations. I mean did you see those texts? Unless they're fabricated (which I doubt, he'd have a big defamation case against him) it seems like he was the victim of a crime.

That woman should be arrested and Bauer should be totally vindicated.
MLB hated Bauer because he exposed the sticky stuff. His teammates hate him because he's a douchebag. He also has been accused of sexual assault by 3 women aside from this one and has 2 other restraining orders against him from women. This isn't like Mr. Rogers being vindicated this is at best Heartbreaking: The Worst Person You Know Just Made A Great Point

And you're free to disagree but if I'm a GM there's no way in hell I bring this guy in. Like I don't even know who would risk it. Maybe the Padres who are in win now mode and cutting salary but aside from that?

Reactions: Terry Yake

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl

Guess we found a way to set up the trashcans on the road but forgot to rig 'em at home this season

Team has been so Jekyl and Hyde this year. What a ride. I have no clue what's in store for the postseason

Reactions: kingsholygrail

kingsholygrail

Predictable 1-2
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Could Bauer bring suit against MLB?
I doubt it. He'd have to prove that MLB did real damages to him which would be harder than you think. He's playing in Japan right now mostly because the Dodgers cutting him had to pay the rest of his contract so long as as he did not sign for another MLB team. So he's earning that money from the Dodgers and a salary from the BayStars.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I doubt it. He'd have to prove that MLB did real damages to him which would be harder than you think. He's playing in Japan right now mostly because the Dodgers cutting him had to pay the rest of his contract so long as as he did not sign for another MLB team. So he's earning that money from the Dodgers and a salary from the BayStars.
I'm pretty sure Bauer was getting paid by the Dodgers regardless of whether he signed with another team

As for damages, as a result of the suspension he may have lost sponsorship deals, plus he could argue his mental health was negatively impacted, not to mention his ability to earn a living moving forward

Based on what little I know of the situation, if I were on the jury, I'd certainly hold MLB responsible for punitive damages

Last edited:
Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Another team paying his salary is only applicable for a DFA'd player who gets claimed. He was outright released. Dodgers were on the hook for 100% of his salary this year, he just had no MLB interest from any teams.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

194 game suspension (the reduced number the arbitrator ruled) for "violating the league domestic violence policy". 194 x $210k per game is $41 million he lost because of this

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad