GDT: 2023 Regular Season Thread

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Is Miggy the last remaining active player from the 2003 season??? (Not just the Marlins team that won the championship). I honestly don’t know anyone else. Nelson Cruz is older than Miggy but Cruz didn’t make his MLB debut until 2005 when he was already 25.
Rich Hill is older but he also debut in 2005.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Thank you Seattle.. Granted we suck ass at home this year but here's to hoping that they finally pull their heads out of their behinds in the Post season.

And I pray this is Abreu turning things around just in time for the PO. That would be most excellent.

Reactions: punk_o_holic

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Way to go Zack on a great career.

Despite going 2-7 against the As and Royals down the stretch we win the West. We sure made that more complicated than need be.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Should teams really be popping champagne in the locker room for simply making the playoffs?

Not sure how long that's been a thing but every team does it for some reason. Got t-shirts made and everything.

Seems like the Stros win the division every year. Go Jays, at the Twins, although I'm a Braves fan. @Dr Pepper

Yep, hopefully Minnys playoff drought continues at least one more year!

Reactions: Rob and Say Hey Kid

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA

Marcel Ozuna hit 40 dingers. @Marc the Habs Fan

Last edited:

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
This Jays manager I tell ya, to put in Biggio over Schneider or Merrifield when they need a win, both are better than Biggio.

You don't earn anything going 0-12 when you need a win, you don't leave guys in when they are cold at this point in the season, it's not time to hope they break a slump.

Yeah he had 2 hit's today which is nice, but his avg. is still 2nd worst on the team, he's the kind of player who when he goes cold should be replaced right away, like I said before Schneider hasn't played in a week, so it's time to put him back in, he's not tired anymore, he's ready for another game, he'll get cold riding the pine for that long, not to mention he's won them quite a few games, so he more than deserves to go back in, and Merri had a hit, a run and 2 RBI's in his 2nd to last game, so he's doing better than Biggio, for me Biggio is even behind Espinal in 2B on the team.

Of course he hasn't, did not have a hit for 3 games until yesterday.
Biggio in the 4 games since your first ill-advised post:
6 hits, 5 runs, 4 RBI, 4 walks, a .429 AVG, and a .579 OBP

Just admit you were wrong...

Last edited:

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Biggio in the 4 games since your first ill-advised post:
5 runs, 6 hits, 4 RBI, 4 walks, a .429 AVG, and a .579 OBP

Just admit you were wrong...
Haha - so petty. I love it. Biggs has definitely been a key performer down the stretch. Some pretty outrageous defensive plays at big times too. He's got a good eye at the plate so if he can continue to make solid contact he can be a pretty valuable piece.

Reactions: Neutrinos

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Haha - so petty. I love it. Biggs has definitely been a key performer down the stretch. Some pretty outrageous defensive plays at big times too. He's got a good eye at the plate so if he can continue to make solid contact he can be a pretty valuable piece.
I like to think of it as educational...

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
It wouldn't surprise me if Guerrero ends up the 3rd best player out of he, Bichette, and Biggio

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
It wouldn't surprise me if Guerrero ends up the 3rd best player out of he, Bichette, and Biggio
Oh wow... I mean... I think that's a hot take you won't get a lot of backers on. Biggio has a long way to go still in terms of getting to Vladdy's value... well like maybe not this year, because this year hasn't been great by any means for Vladdy but there's still a gap there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad