League News: 2023 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
The west knows they get a team in the finals too right?

I'm sure the Avs will make some moves at least.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
SJ had to move contracts back since they were at the limit so it was kinda messy.

Its okay I guess for the Sharks, Zetterlund ain’t bad and Shakir seems like a decent prospect. Still think a team like Buffalo should have jumped on Meier with the cap space and prospect pool they have

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Trade Tom Wilson now good lord.
It would be tempting, but I think he’s too important now.

I do think Jeannot is a pretty good, young player.

Idk, seems the return for Orlov and Hathaway has been the lightest so far.
I think Tampa may have soured on foot.

I do think St. Louis seems to be doing well though. How many firsts do they have? 3, 4…

Reactions: Corby78

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
Trade Tom Wilson now good lord.
I was about to say, I've never been in favor of trading Wilson before but if this is the return for a guy that sounds like he's a smaller Wilson without the offense, what would the market price be for Wilson himself?

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I do think Jeannot is a pretty good, young player.

If so it hasn’t shown up in the numbers yet. He shot 20% last year which heavily inflated his counting stats. His impacts are not good:

1677469795141.png

Like there’s no way Wilson doesn’t go for like…3 first round picks or similar right?

They have to at least explore what the market is for him this TDL if worse versions of him are going for that return.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
If so it hasn’t shown up in the numbers yet. He shot 20% last year which heavily inflated his counting stats. His impacts are not good:

View attachment 658029

Like there’s no way Wilson doesn’t go for like…3 first round picks or similar right?

They have to at least explore what the market is for him this TDL if worse versions of him are going for that return.

First, I’ve since seen the press they paid, it’s pretty high.

That said, he’s young, and has been on a team that’s normally low scoring. I believe he will really blossom in n Tampa.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
The only teams inclined to swing for a Wilson trade would be CAR/VGK/EDM, right? Better to do it at the draft when current scrubs can offer their higher picks. But, of course, it won't happen. Even without an extension in place or talks not advancing in the summer he's not for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad