League News: 2023 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Don't know the extent of Tuch's injury, but they're complaining on the Buffalo board of missing out on the Niederreiter deal and not acting quick enough as Tuch was injured on Friday.

Perhaps we can interest them in Jensen and Sheary. Among their assets, that Flyers 2nd round pick they have in '23 appeals to me. Of course would have to be more then just that pick.
Buffalo already knows Sheary. He's not a replacement for Tuch there.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I think this is why GMBM ran with the Bruins offer.
I don't think these cases are similar at all. Niederreiter has another year left on his contract. Nashville in general don't want to retain salary. Bruins got Orlov with 75% retention because he is UFA.

I think the deal is so poor because Nashville doesn't want to take cap dumps back but want to save actual money. Most contenders can't do that.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
NHL network just now…..

Gus, TVR, Jensen all being discussed in extension talks, if not, all could move.

Sheary and Eller generating interest. “A lot of teams looking at Eller”…..

Reactions: Corby78

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Regarding Jensen... who are the other top puck-moving D's that can defend on the market?

Should be a good market for Jensen if he isn't extended.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Thinking on it more, not overly interested in shipping out Jensen unless it’s an overpay like a 1st rounder or a real solid prospect. Would rather keep and sign him if they can. Same for TVR. Lock down that right side for another couple years, I think TVR and Jensen should remain alright

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Regarding Jensen... who are the other top puck-moving D's that can defend on the market?

Should be a good market for Jensen if he isn't extended.
Can't think of a more well-rounded rental D that's for sure. Not after Orlov moved.

FWIW. Probably nothing. Given that the Caps are about to go out West it would make sense logistically to make moves in the next couple days.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Surely Edmonton wouldn’t be one of those teams? Chance to play with McDavid in his prime for a cup? Anyone would jump at that, especially for 3 months of work

Edmonton blew it because Orlov and Hathaway would have been perfect adds for them. They could have easily matched a 1, 2, 3, and Smith from BOS with 1, 2, 3, and Puljujarvi. Bad GMing
Have you been to Edmonton in the winter?

I don’t know the mechanics of Orlov’s NTC, and whether it resets every year, or was set up when the contract was signed.

I gave a very plausible reason to the posters question on why Edmonton wasn’t in the mix.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Can't think of a more well-rounded rental D that's for sure. Not after Orlov moved.

FWIW. Probably nothing. Given that the Caps are about to go out West it would make sense logistically to make moves in the next couple days.

That's what i thought. Should be a good market for him.

Entertaining week coming up for sure.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Have you been to Edmonton in the winter?

I don’t know the mechanics of Orlov’s NTC, and whether it resets every year, or was set up when the contract was signed.

I gave a very plausible reason to the posters question on why Edmonton wasn’t in the mix.

Orlov is literally from Siberia though. It's a colder Edmonton minus the functioning society

Reactions: PlushMinus

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I don't get the return from Nashville's standpoint. This is a trade involving a division rival, where Winnipeg just had one of their top 6 forwards go down for 8 weeks, this should be the definition of desperate. Niederreiter was having a good year with the Preds (18g 10a), he's on target for his third 20 goal season in a row and all he cost was a 2nd. Poille could have waited to see where Meier ended up and then approach the teams that lost out with the consolation prize of Nino. At the very least wait a few more days to assess the market, doubt it would have gotten worse for Niederreiter.

From a Capitals standpoint this concerns me as the returns we would like to get for our forwards, Eller, Sheary, MAJO may be way less.
Maybe I’m reading this wrong but it sounds like your concern is exactly why Poile pulled the trigger. Better to cash out than be left waiting at the dance, right?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Can't fathom what TBL even has to offer. Ross Colton & Isaac Howard? Weird fit if that's how it plays out.

The Caps should say goodbye and trade Backstrom to Nashville. Reunite him with Trotz.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Can't fathom what TBL even has to offer. Ross Colton & Isaac Howard? Weird fit if that's how it plays out.

The Caps should say goodbye and trade Backstrom to Nashville. Reunite him with Trotz.
Abe owes us a favor before he retires at seasons end

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Come on West teams…..bring those high picks and prospects out!

1677460957415.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad