League News: 2023 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
Post all news, trades, and rumors related to the TDL here.

saleshive-homer-sell-sell-sell[1].gif

Last edited:

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Kapanen to STL from waivers.

Sam Lafferty sitting tonight for trade-related reasons.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Saw this in the main boards trade thread:

Very limited trade value in terms of assets would be my guess. Unless the Sabres are retaining heavily. Best bet IMO is to swap for another depth salary at another position. Maybe there is a team with a goal scoring need and an overpaid defenseman that is redundant on their roster.

It was about Olofsson and obviously the situation described sounded like the Caps. Would send Jensen Buffalos way for Olofsson.

Left shot. I think he sometimes plays the slot position on the pp and seems good for like 20-30 goals a year. 27 years old. Not a bad pickup at 4,5 mil.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Likely too rich for the Caps unless Mantha is unloaded. Good shoot but his handedness for the slot wouldn't fit really. Kind of one-dimensional. They can probably do better with what little flexibility they have currently.

The Caps have done quite well lately on value for dollar depth adds. They'll need to continue being resourceful in that area given how little promises to pop among their picks in the very near-term. Unqualified RFAs (Gurianov?), buyouts, reclamation projects ala Gus/Connolly/DSP, etc. That tightness cap-wise likely also restricts their ability to take back someone like Greenway (again barring a Mantha heading out). Puljujarvi is a pending RFA so they could just not qualify him and try to come to terms at a reduced rate perhaps. But I suspect regardless of what materializes with Chychrun their main priority is likely to be the blueline (whether that's extending what they've got or targeting some other possibilities).

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Lot of pressure on Holland, Edmonton GM, to do something, because the Oilers look to be frittering away another epic season from McJesus. Like, why didn’t they beat the Boston offer on Orly and Hath, since they need that more than the Bs. Also seems like they could use Jensen and TVR. Wonder if we could unload Mantha on them (with us retaining 50% or sumpn) as the price for taking one of our D guys?

Or maybe Mantha goes on a heater so that his current 8.9% shooting percentage reverts to his mean 11.7% - never seen a guy more due to pot a few. Feel like we got to play him or trade him.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Sounds like Kane is going to unintentionally hurt the Blackhawks on the way out. He’s been public about only going to the Rangers and it has plummeted his trade value. Drury is on record saying he isn’t parting with a 1st or top prospect in the deal. Should be an interesting week on that front.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Sounds like Kane is going to unintentionally hurt the Blackhawks on the way out. He’s been public about only going to the Rangers and it has plummeted his trade value. Drury is on record saying he isn’t parting with a 1st or top prospect in the deal. Should be an interesting week on that front.
If the offer is terrible that's when as the Hawks GM you say...how bad do you want him for this playoff push? You going to waste the other UFA trade(s)? Guess you'll have to sign Kane in the off-season. *Click*

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Lot of pressure on Holland, Edmonton GM, to do something, because the Oilers look to be frittering away another epic season from McJesus. Like, why didn’t they beat the Boston offer on Orly and Hath, since they need that more than the Bs. Also seems like they could use Jensen and TVR. Wonder if we could unload Mantha on them (with us retaining 50% or sumpn) as the price for taking one of our D guys?

Or maybe Mantha goes on a heater so that his current 8.9% shooting percentage reverts to his mean 11.7% - never seen a guy more due to pot a few. Feel like we got to play him or trade him.
Orlov had a 5 team NTC. It probably wouldn’t be hard to guess who was on it?

Reactions: marcel snapshot

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Orlov had a 5 team NTC. It probably wouldn’t be hard to guess who was on it?
Surely Edmonton wouldn’t be one of those teams? Chance to play with McDavid in his prime for a cup? Anyone would jump at that, especially for 3 months of work

Edmonton blew it because Orlov and Hathaway would have been perfect adds for them. They could have easily matched a 1, 2, 3, and Smith from BOS with 1, 2, 3, and Puljujarvi. Bad GMing

Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
NJ offer for Meier probably Sharangovich, Holtz, and a 1st?

Man I want Buffalo to go for Karlsson and Meier. They have the cap and a deep prospect pool to make it happen. A powerplay with Thompson, Meier, Dahlin, and Karlsson? I’d die

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Good add for Vegas, depending of the price of course.

You just knew Meier and Kane would end up in Metro. Wonder how desperate the Canes are now.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA

I don't get the return from Nashville's standpoint. This is a trade involving a division rival, where Winnipeg just had one of their top 6 forwards go down for 8 weeks, this should be the definition of desperate. Niederreiter was having a good year with the Preds (18g 10a), he's on target for his third 20 goal season in a row and all he cost was a 2nd. Poille could have waited to see where Meier ended up and then approach the teams that lost out with the consolation prize of Nino. At the very least wait a few more days to assess the market, doubt it would have gotten worse for Niederreiter.

From a Capitals standpoint this concerns me as the returns we would like to get for our forwards, Eller, Sheary, MAJO may be way less.

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
I don't get the return from Nashville's standpoint. This is a trade involving a division rival, where Winnipeg just had one of their top 6 forwards go down for 8 weeks, this should be the definition of desperate. Niederreiter was having a good year with the Preds (18g 10a), he's on target for his third 20 goal season in a row and all he cost was a 2nd. Poille could have waited to see where Meier ended up and then approach the teams that lost out with the consolation prize of Nino. At the very least wait a few more days to assess the market, doubt it would have gotten worse for Niederreiter.

From a Capitals standpoint this concerns me as the returns we would like to get for our forwards, Eller, Sheary, MAJO may be way less.
I think this is why GMBM ran with the Bruins offer.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Don't know the extent of Tuch's injury, but they're complaining on the Buffalo board of missing out on the Niederreiter deal and not acting quick enough as Tuch was injured on Friday.

Perhaps we can interest them in Jensen and Sheary. Among their assets, that Flyers 2nd round pick they have in '23 appeals to me. Of course would have to be more then just that pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad