League News: 2023 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Some trades aren't announced/leaked until after the deadline. The problem is the last two times thats happened with the Capitals were the Vrana trade and the Erat trade.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
why wouldn't it be so? They unloaded most UFAs. the rest isn't as time-sensitive
Because nothing from this GM or ownership group gives me any faith they'll make big off-season moves because it's not what they do. We've gained really no cap space either so anything we do in the UFA market will be our typical reclamation dumpster diving.

Reactions: WanderingCapsFan

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
A good start with the Sandin trade, but Washington has a lot more work to do this offseason.

I'd be a little disappointed if they don't re-sign TVR. It seems like they could have gotten something decent for him.

I don't think teams had anything else left to give lol.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Disappointed they didn't move at least Sheary, but the fact Sheary has gone ice cold was probably a contributing factor there. Still would have even accepted like a 4th rounder for him at this point.

This does underline that Smith was a negative asset, and Boston nickel'd and dime'd the Capitals for every bit they could in that Orlov/Hath deal.

Also a little bummed they didn't get any value from their third slot to retain salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad