League News: 2023 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Sandin as the 1D. As he should be. There will likely be rust and an adjustment period, but if I were a betting man I'd say he's gonna be just fine.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Could see the NAK resigning coming. Good move to replace Hathaway for cheap. I’m fine with him on 4th line. Only 1 year at 1.25M. That can be easily buried if needed but I think he is fine as 4RW with potential on 3rd.

Reactions: PlushMinus

Jun 15, 2007
Eklund used to be banned here for a reason.

Eklund also made an account on HF, at which point it no longer became okay to call him a fraud because then what would be harassing a member.

Genius

The Consiglieri

Feb 19, 2007
Can't do that. If it's a retool and not a rebuild you can't get rid of 200-foot, step up, physical leadership that plays hard and can hang with anyone. Assets are one thing but he's a load-bearing piece and very important to next year.

This is the bit I don't get though. Nothings happening next year. They aren't contending for anything, they haven't been contenders since 2019. I get why you have to keep some veterans around but the whole point of a rebuild is to rebuild for a new generation. Wilson will be long retired when this team is as legit a contender as it was 2008-2018. There is literally no reasons to keep him around other than to sell tickets, and ruin the tank and rebuild, which, if you just want to be a borderline 8 seed and out immediately in the playoffs in a good year, is something I suppose, but I've always been a "You're contending, or you're building back towards being relevant with regards to contending". And the latter definitely seems like what we should've been doing for years.

I will concede, I dont think the FO will do that. W/what Leonsis has been doing with the Boulez, and Caps the past five years, it's pretty obvious he doesn't care to rebuild properly, he just wants to sell tickets and market the team effectively, but there's a right way to do this, and there's a way to pretend you matter in the NHL landscape when you clearly do not.

If the offers aren't good enough, I can see why you keep him around, maybe for Ovy's sake, and to keep Ovy's trade value worthwhile for when we deal him (maybe) but if you get a reasonable offer, he should be out the door before you can even have second thoughts (to me anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad