2023 NHL Playoffs Around the League

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
They had a weird hand-off queue but otherwise I didn't notice or care. I'm pretty sure Jonathan Quick got to hold the cup before Eichel and that's confusing for a number of reasons.
I know, I didn't notice anything strange or really care either. It was a topic on the main board. Just sticking to the theme - worst SCF ever, worst reffing ever, worst celebration ever...

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Vegas made some high-risk, high-reward moves and they obviously paid off.
Anyone see that poster that used to rip McPhee as an awful GM bc of that Forsberg trade?

Forsberg hasn’t won a thing. Washington later did. McPhee was either GM and/or President of Vegas, which now has a Cup.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Assuming they meet in the finals, I think Florida's run ends with a whimper. There's too much class on Vegas, and I worry less about their questions in net, because their defense is so good & varied.
I don't often get predictions right - but I got this one right. Gotta hand it to McPhee. His performance as VGK GM has been ridiculously good.

Love this Alec Martinez interview.

Glad the refs didn't let Florida goon up the series.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Easy to bet big when you are gifted tons of assets.
Seen teams with great asset bases squander them with poor decision making, and I'm talking about Edmonton & Toronto. VGK got a TON at the ED, you're right about that, but they also made some really important decisions after that.

People complain about NYI's decisions in expansion drafts, but Tallon's horrific gifting VGK with Reilly Smith & Marchessault was something else, and it had a huge impact on the series.

Barbashev is probably the player who earned himself the most money in the playoffs. I'm sure NYI are priced out, but imo he'd be an excellent fit. Someone will take a risk on a 27 y/o UFA who is a good athlete.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I know, I didn't notice anything strange or really care either. It was a topic on the main board. Just sticking to the theme - worst SCF ever, worst reffing ever, worst celebration ever...

Main board

wambulance.gif

Reactions: MarsTBOW

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Seen teams with great asset bases squander them with poor decision making, and I'm talking about Edmonton & Toronto. VGK got a TON at the ED, you're right about that, but they also made some really important decisions after that.

People complain about NYI's decisions in expansion drafts, but Tallon's horrific gifting VGK with Reilly Smith & Marchessault was something else, and it had a huge impact on the series.

Barbashev is probably the player who earned himself the most money in the playoffs. I'm sure NYI are priced out, but imo he'd be an excellent fit. Someone will take a risk on a 27 y/o UFA who is a good athlete.
Barbashev would've been awesome for us but that price tag is going to be rough. I think Boston signs him.

Reactions: saintunspecified

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Won't BOS have to move out some salaries before they could even think about Barbashev? They have a lot of holes to fill and not much cap space.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Won't BOS have to move out some salaries before they could even think about Barbashev? They have a lot of holes to fill and not much cap space.

Boston is in trouble with the cap and needing to replace Bergeron and Krejci (if they don't come back for $1M again).

Reactions: doublechili

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Boston is in trouble with the cap and needing to replace Bergeron and Krejci (if they don't come back for $1M again).
I read something like Boston only has 7 forwards signed for next year and like $2m in cap space.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I read something like Boston only has 7 forwards signed for next year and like $2m in cap space.

7 forwards signed, 7 defensemen signed, 2 RFAs to sign in Frederic and Swayman, $4.9M to fill out the roster (they're at 15 players right now). Notable UFAs include, Bergeron, Krejci, Bertuzzi, and Orlov.

They're going to be significantly less deep next season and will be at the cap ceiling. I wouldn't be shocked if Ullmark is moved to free up some money.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.

"Vegas Calls The Shots!" :sarcasm:
It felt artificial to me... Hate the Zebras. Always will!!!

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
7 forwards signed, 7 defensemen signed, 2 RFAs to sign in Frederic and Swayman, $4.9M to fill out the roster (they're at 15 players right now). Notable UFAs include, Bergeron, Krejci, Bertuzzi, and Orlov.

They're going to be significantly less deep next season and will be at the cap ceiling. I wouldn't be shocked if Ullmark is moved to free up some money.
How much is Ullmark making? Regardless, would probably be a wise move for BOS to move Ullmark while the value is high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad