2023 NHL Playoffs Around the League

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Cassidy gets let go by Boston, who goes on to have the "best" regular season in NHL history. Boston is then knocked out by the 8th seed Florida Panthers. Now Cassidy is about to beat that Panthers team to win the cup. All with a 7th string goalie in the crease instead of Rask/Ullmark.

What a weird turn of events.

Reactions: Big L

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Cassidy gets let go by Boston, who goes on to have the "best" regular season in NHL history. Boston is then knocked out by the 8th seed Florida Panthers. Now Cassidy is about to beat that Panthers team to win the cup. All with a 7th string goalie in the crease instead of Rask/Ullmark.

I wouldn’t knock Hill - he needed to be Osgood-like and that’s what he’s done. Vegas is winning bc they are a darn good team.

$10M Bob returned to a 7th stringer…FL has $20M tied up in Bob and Barkov, let that be a warning sign that absent Tkachuk and the ‘hot’ Bob, FLs got some problems.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I wouldn’t knock Hill - he needed to be Osgood-like and that’s what he’s done. Vegas is winning bc they are a darn good team.

$10M Bob returned a 7th stringer…

I'm not knocking him, but it's just weird going from the better goalies in the NHL to Hill and having more success with the latter. He's shown up when it matters here and that's all that matters.

The layoff has hurt Bobrovsky for sure.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Can spend all day talking about Vegas goaltending, but reality is it’s a complete team playing playoff ‘real’ hockey (not this Oilers score more than you crap) with 4 lines, timely goals, hungry players, and jam.

Notice all the YouTube teams didn’t make it to the conference finals and beyond. Hopefully, the copycat league keeps it MO.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Can spend all day talking about Vegas goaltending, but reality is it’s a complete team playing playoff ‘real’ hockey (not this Oilers score more than you crap) with 4 lines, timely goals, hungry players, and jam.

Notice all the YouTube teams didn’t make it to the conference finals and beyond. Hopefully, the copycat league keeps it MO.

But they're the real "best teams!" :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

Green

Nov 13, 2019
did the Islanders have a chance to get Stone? I remember his name coming up at the deadline and I was salivating over him because I just heard good things about he is a heart and soul player, not sure if the Islanders passed on him or they got someone else

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
did the Islanders have a chance to get Stone? I remember his name coming up at the deadline and I was salivating over him because I just heard good things about he is a heart and soul player, not sure if the Islanders passed on him or they got someone else

The rumor was that they wanted to get him but he only wanted to go to Vegas at the time, so that's where he went.

Reactions: Osakahaus

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
would've cost Dobson+Wahlstrom+1st that year

Florida's bad defense bites them in the butt, as Vegas just ragdolls the Panthers every game at home.

Honestly I don't even feel mad: i'm more mad I wasted two months to watch Vegas win it in the end!

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017

Agree with this, I'm a proponent of Size, speed, skill and snarl! And Vegas has that in spades!

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
Crashed before the end of the second. Wow...9-3

Bigger WOW....had no idea MT was playing through a broken sternum. Holy Crap. He had to be dressed to play game 4 as he could not dress himself.

Looks like a few guys from Florida were in bad shape. Might have, could have been a littler better series if not for them all.

I am ok with Vegas winning. Was pulling for the Panthers. Actually good to see both these teams playing for their first.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

Just imagine how much better Vegas would be if they hired Trotz! :sarcasm:

Always so positive! ;)
When Bailey is gone, you'll see a new Bones! The Happy Gilmore Bones!

• Haha
Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Vegas only had 6 players left on the roster that were selected in the expansion draft. Plus Vegas only had 1 player drafted by them on the roster. Very interesting way to build a team. Lots of trades.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Vegas only had 6 players left on the roster that were selected in the expansion draft. Plus Vegas only had 1 player drafted by them on the roster. Very interesting way to build a team. Lots of trades.

I think they're the first team to win a cup with a player earning $10M too.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
The Isles would've been nuts to trade a package of futures for a 27/28 year old forward who was only a 60+ point per year guy "with intangibles", and then sign him for 8 years on top of that! Nuts, I tell you!!

Reactions: Green

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Shea Theodore was a trade, but that was an expansion draft trade where ANA arranged for VGK to take him. I remember when that happened I raised my eyebrows. Turns out I should've raised them much higher than I did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad