2023 NHL Draft Thread: Get hard for Connor Bedard

Status
Not open for further replies.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
hey a player that just found my radar today is the son of former wild player stacy roest, austin roest is having a good start 16 games 13goals so far whl and hes listed as a center! im guessing hes 23 draft eligible?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
hey a player that just found my radar today is the son of former wild player stacy roest, austin roest is having a good start 16 games 13goals so far whl and hes listed as a center! im guessing hes 23 draft eligible?

He was a 2022 eligible. He actually just switched to center last year. I'm not sure if that's where he projects long term. He has a good motor though, and looks like he could develop into a solid bottom sixer, maybe a Dewar/Shaw type player.

Might be a later bloomer though, obviously has shown some good offensive ability this season.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Good find, he's also right handed and I think he could have been drafted last season as well as this season. He'll be an OA in this year's draft.

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
Looking at the standings it seems a few teams are all in on the Bedard tanker.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I won’t bore you with the top 3 guys because we will never be lucky enough to get them, but here’s pronman’s exerpts about some players I’d be interested in (Pronman: Ranking the top prospects in the 2023 NHL Draft):

Projected NHL All-Star (Tier 3)​

4. Leo Carlsson, C, Orebro (SWEDEN)

Dec. 26, 2004 | 6′ 3.0″ | 198 pounds | Shoots left

Tier: Projected NHL All-Star
Analysis: Carlsson has come out of the gates flying in Sweden. He looks like a pro despite being a first-year draft eligible, with a big, sturdy frame and the ability to win a lot of puck battles versus men. Carlsson has so much that’s attractive from an NHL perspective. His skill, hockey sense and compete level are all excellent. He’s able to create a ton of offense in the high-percentage areas with game-breaking skill elements to boot. His only drawback is a lack of true separation speed, so he’ll need to rely on his power and compete when he gets to the league, but he has the potential to be a star and has a real chance to break up the somewhat consensus top three players in the draft.

Projected top-of-the-lineup player (Tier 4)​

5. William Smith, C, Usa U-18 (NTDP)
Mar. 17, 2005 | 5′ 11.75″ | 178 pounds | Shoots right
Tier: Projected top-of-the-lineup player
Analysis: Smith is the top player on the program this season. There’s a lot about his game to be excited about. He has a lot of individual skill and is a strong skater. He’s thus able to beat a lot of defenders one-on-one and can break shifts open. Smith is a high-end playmaker who can make a lot of difficult plays on the move. He’s also a strong goal-scorer who is a threat to finish from mid-range. I think he works hard enough and has shown he can kill penalties. He’s an average-sized forward, but his game has pace and a style of play that will translate to the pro game to go with a dynamic flair.
6. Dalibor Dvorsky, C, Aik (SWEDEN-2)
Jun. 15, 2005 | 6′ 1.0″ | 201 pounds | Shoots left
Tier: Projected top-of-the-lineup player
Analysis: Dvorsky has been up and down between the J20 and Allsvenskan levels this season but when he’s played versus men he’s looked quite good. He is a player with a ton of offensive ability and is deadly within the offensive zone due to a great combination of skill, vision and a shot that is a legit threat from range. Dvorsky can pick apart defenses and a power play can run through him. His biggest issue is footspeed as his game lacks the pace for higher levels and to make a dent versus men. His work rate is good enough but he’s not an overly physical player either. Thus there’s a chance he may need to be moved to the wing in the NHL. His offense combined with decent size and skill makes him a highly enticing prospect with a lot of offensive potential.

8. Brayden Yager, C, Moose Jaw (WHL)

Jan. 3, 2005 | 5′ 10.5″ | 166 pounds | Shoots right

Tier: Projected bubble top and middle-of-the-lineup player

Analysis: Yager hasn’t scored a ton in the WHL yet this season, but he was arguably the best player at the Hlinka Gretzky this summer. Yager is a player with a pro-style game. He plays with a lot of speed and energy, showing the ability to carry pucks up the ice and make skilled plays with pace. He’s not the biggest center, but Yager plays hard, showing a commitment to making plays without the puck and winning a lot of battles. His main offensive weapon is his shot, which is high end, but he does have the slick hands and vision to beat defenses in other ways. At his size there will be minor questions about whether he’s an actual NHL center but the way he plays makes me think he has a reasonable chance to stick down the middle.

11. Nate Danielson, C, Brandon (WHL)

Sep. 27, 2004 | 6′ 1.25″ | 185 pounds | Shoots right

Tier: Projected bubble top and middle-of-the-lineup player

Analysis: Danielson is a well-rounded center who has been an excellent player in junior. He has the skill and hockey sense to make a lot of plays inside the offensive zone, while also having the NHL body and skating ability to make you think he will be able to make those kinds of plays at higher levels. Danielson can drive the play due to his brain, feet and compete down the middle. You’d like to see a little more consistent finishing touch from him, but I think he has that kind of offense in him.
[\QUOTE]

Reactions: AKL

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I won’t bore you with the top 3 guys because we will never be lucky enough to get them, but here’s pronman’s exerpts about some players I’d be interested in (Pronman: Ranking the top prospects in the 2023 NHL Draft):
Don’t you worry, I have paid Bettman a sum of money for us to win the lottery. Sure, it might only be $0.01 and he will laugh it off at first. But soon he will realize that I am just a poor Wisconsin boy and the guilt will mount to such a point where he will have no choice but to give us a top 3 pick.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Don’t you worry, I have paid Bettman a sum of money for us to win the lottery. Sure, it might only be $0.01 and he will laugh it off at first. But soon he will realize that I am just a poor Wisconsin boy and the guilt will mount to such a point where he will have no choice but to give us a top 3 pick.

This is what I want for Christmas

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Leo Carlsson: Looks pretty good for a kid in the SHL. Reminds me a lot of Marco Kasper last season, but he’s a bit bigger and stronger.

Reactions: keppel146

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Stramel could fall in the draft because his coach sucks at coaching. Could be a steal of a mid to late 1st.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Suter is the best defenseman this franchise has ever had.
Yes , so good that we never won anything and he got unceremoniously bought out and destroyed the franchise for several years past what his terrible contract should have. Yay Suter!!!

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Anybody know why Smith wouldn't be a top 10 pick with what his production is at the NTDP? He's behind Hughes, but ahead of guys like Zegras, Cooley and Boldy at almost 2 ppg currently.

Last edited:

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
Yes , so good that we never won anything and he got unceremoniously bought out and destroyed the franchise for several years past what his terrible contract should have. Yay Suter!!!

Suter would have been on our cap until 25/26 season, instead we dump the majority of it after the 24/25 season. Unless you think 833k of cap space for another 3 years will destroy us.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
just a couple players on my draft radar C sam honzek 6'3" whl and also LW daniil but 6'5" doing well in the mhl. who are you watching?

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Just reading between the lines of what Pronman has been hearing from NHL scouts and looking at player stats vs historical data, it looks like this is one of the deeper drafts I can remember. Could be similar to 2019 where you’re getting true impact players all the way up to the middle of the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad