NFL GDT: 2023 NFC Wild Card Round: (3) Detroit Lions vs (6) Los Angeles Rams

DET vs LAR

• Total voters

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Yea the punt was an awful call.

They only needed 2 first downs to win the game, so you gotta stop them either way. Them being on the 20 or the 40 really isn't much difference.
Agreed. Especially with how the Lions punter has been kicking. Even if they get a stop here they're probably starting at their own 10-20 with a minute to go.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Campbell does same crap Garrett did, works against medicore opponents but thats a call if you make vs San Fran you're gonna lose yourself the game.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Yea the punt was an awful call.

They only needed 2 first downs to win the game, so you gotta stop them either way. Them being on the 20 or the 40 really isn't much difference.
Exactly. It literally makes no difference at all.. except that you'd still have one chance to get your 1st down.

And while it didn't happen, a punt return can happen.

Mind boggling to not give your team a chance. Instead you put it in the hands of the Lions.

I'd always want to own my own destiny.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The announcers talking about how the Lions always used to find a way to screw it up and now Campbell has changed that....right after the defense committed a PI that would have given the Rams a first down in easy go ahead field goal range is something.

They *did* find a way to screw it up, the officials just ignored it.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Heck of a win for the Lions. They were the better team.

McVay with some questionable ones. Both with the timeout usage and conservative nature in general.

I also never want to hear them crying about the illegal man again after the Puka play. You’re more than even.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I feel Philly beats Detroit, I'll reserve judgement til I see them beat Tampa badly, if they squeak that game out I'll be less of a believer they do but just think if they get a W they'll reset

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad