NFL GDT: 2023 NFC Wild Card Round: (3) Detroit Lions vs (6) Los Angeles Rams

DET vs LAR

• Total voters

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Lions in a close game . 27-24. But the Rams are a total dark horse so I could see this flip flopping . This should be great.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The Rams are going to shit all over my Lions especially with no LaPorta in there.

Oh well, I'll always remember the 2023 Division Title fondly.

Luceni

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2006
Austria
Lionsfan here. At least the fanbase is gonna enjoy a home playoff game. You can't take them away the Division title. And without the Refs (Cowboys game) they could've had a bye week too....

That being said: There's a reason why McVay traded Goff + draft assets for Stafford. And they're gonna teach Detroit a lesson. Don't get me wrong, I hope the Lions win. But they've got the better QB, they've got a generational Talent and sure HOF on defense and McVay. Unfortunately I expect the Rams to win this, it won't be close.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Lions. It’ll be close but that building is going to be rocking!!!!!! First home playoff game for Detroit in 30 years. Campbell will have those boys fired up. Lions aren’t going to mess things up

Lionsfan here. At least the fanbase is gonna enjoy a home playoff game. You can't take them away the Division title. And without the Refs (Cowboys game) they could've had a bye week too....

That being said: There's a reason why McVay traded Goff + draft assets for Stafford. And they're gonna teach Detroit a lesson. Don't get me wrong, I hope the Lions win. But they've got the better QB, they've got a generational Talent and sure HOF on defense and McVay. Unfortunately I expect the Rams to win this, it won't be close.
I see what you did here lol

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Detroit needs to lean on the run game with their OL. Laporta has been huge for them this season. Need a huge game out of Gibbs.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I identify with Lions fans. A few years ago, my team won a playoff game for the first time since like 1990. I'm a grown man and I cried. I had had a few drinks by then but I literally cried. I broke down and for a few seconds, I could hardly function. I pray that Lions fans can experience the weight of that burden being suddenly lifted from their tired shoulders. We were the playoff drought kitty buddies and it's your turn to win a playoff game now.

But this is NOT the matchup I was hoping for them to receive because I genuinely think the Rams win this game. My heart breaks for those fans if this manifests, but fortunately I expect them to be here again a few times in the coming years and it's not like they don't have a fighting chance.

You have to give the Rams credit for this season even if they do lose. They are coming in hot and nobody wants to play them, and I admit I did not see that coming in September.

Last edited:

Luceni

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2006
Austria
I see what you did here lol
Is it that obvious?

Seriously, my expectations have been exceeded with the division title. Third year of of rebuild/development under Campbell. They're still a good QB & some fixes on defense away to be a serious contender.

Rams are a nightmare matchup for them, i'd have rather faced packers or buccs or even them cowboys and their Refs.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
stafford comes back to detroit and crushes the lions hopes of a championship

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Tough game to pick.

I think I'm gonna go Rams. Looking forward to see how this one plays out.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Detroit's defense has major issues with mobile QB's. Which Stafford really isn't anymore.

Losing LaPorta hurts a lot. But I think they can pull this out.

All I asked for was winning the division and a playoff win. We're halfway there.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The X factor in LaPorta can really hurt Detroit here but they do have other weapons too like St.Brown, Williams and the running game.

The Lions should really pay close attention to Nacua, who’s been in a tear all year. Also, Kupp is healthy and he might have a breakout playoffs too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad