NFL GDT: 2023 NFC Wild Card Round: (2) Dallas Cowboys vs (7) Green Bay Packers

DAL vs GB

• Total voters

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Dak would be very hard to replace and I like to throw smack at him he isn't the problem , I do however believe some of his issues could be coached out of him especially ball control and time management.
Plus I think [ obviously cant know] that players get comfortable [ because it's human nature ] when you don't have to listen to a coach because your the owners boy [ Dak and others.]
It's like being shit at your job but don't have to worry because your dad owns the company and can't get fired.
Top cowboys players didn't have to be accountable under the clapper and don't have to now , it's culture.
I think the team is pretty mentally weak, at least right now. You look at the national coverage after losing to the 49ers in Week 5 - flash forward however many weeks, going into Buffalo. Dak takes over the MVP favourite, you're going onto the road in a tough building, against a good team, and the entire team doesn't show up. You have a chance to grab the bull by its horns, change a narrative, and you lay an absolute egg. The game didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, but same old as past years (I'm thinking @ Chiefs and vs Cardinals in 2021).

I do agree with everything you've been saying, though.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I think the team is pretty mentally weak, at least right now. You look at the national coverage after losing to the 49ers in Week 5 - flash forward however many weeks, going into Buffalo. Dak takes over the MVP favourite, you're going onto the road in a tough building, against a good team, and the entire team doesn't show up. You have a chance to grab the bull by its horns, change a narrative, and you lay an absolute egg. The game didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, but same old as past years (I'm thinking @ Chiefs and vs Cardinals in 2021).

I do agree with everything you've been saying, though.
I mean you can look at the bills game as example and every good team lays an egg , bad teams lay more eggs but it happens to every team every season so getting smacked isn't the end all.
But this season what became an issue was when Dallas didn't have the comforts of home as you said ,Weak. Thats coaching.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
I mean you can look at the bills game as example and every good team lays an egg , bad teams lay more eggs but it happens to every team every season so getting smacked isn't the end all.
But this season what became an issue was when Dallas didn't have the comforts of home as you said ,Weak. Thats coaching.
I've forgiven the Cowboys for eggs - this year vs Arizona, Packers last year, Broncos the year before. It's moreso the statement games. Having a chance for first place in the NFC, and we lose to the Cardinals at home in 2021. 49ers in 2023.

With all due respect to the Packers, and Bucs... this was one of the easiest paths you'll get to the NFC Championship Game ever. Two teams with barely a winning record, playing at home in both games where you're undefeated, with your QB playing the best football of his career. It was like the Eagles path to the Super Bowl last season - the freaking Giants and a 49ers team with no QB. Cowboys had a similar chance this year and choked.

Reactions: Idiot Stick

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I've forgiven the Cowboys for eggs - this year vs Arizona, Packers last year, Broncos the year before. It's moreso the statement games. Having a chance for first place in the NFC, and we lose to the Cardinals at home in 2021. 49ers in 2023.

With all due respect to the Packers, and Bucs... this was one of the easiest paths you'll get to the NFC Championship Game ever. Two teams with barely a winning record, playing at home in both games where you're undefeated, with your QB playing the best football of his career. It was like the Eagles path to the Super Bowl last season - the freaking Giants and a 49ers team with no QB. Cowboys had a similar chance this year and choked.
facts , it was laid out perfectly and fumbled

Reactions: JimmyApples

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
After going undefeated at home, the Cowboys are the ONLY home team to lose on "super" wildcard weekend.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_7574.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad