NFL GDT: 2023 NFC Wild Card Round: (2) Dallas Cowboys vs (7) Green Bay Packers

DAL vs GB

• Total voters

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Now that I have watched the 1st half, I'll say that a lot of the points were to the credit of Jordan Love. He made throws when it counted for conversions of and 3rd down.

If it were a lesser QB, the game was likely much closer and could have ended favorably for the Bovine Boys.

Also, Dak...there was some weird dynamic with CeeDee this game. That pick six should have been thrown to Cooks. Looked like quick slants in.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
First off, really appreciate all the tags for everyone asking if I’m okay :laugh:

I said before the game, that unless the Cowboys made the NFCCG, changes need to be made. Getting blown out, at home, by the #7 seed, means changes ABSOLUTELY need to be made.

Dan Quinn took one of the worst defenses of all time and brought out a lot of stars, but it’s time for him to go. I wasn’t his biggest fan before the game, and certainly am not after the game.

Mike McCarthy should go, too. It’s crazy because his three seasons with an actual QB in Dallas, he’s gone 36-15, but going 1-3 in the playoffs is inexcusable.

During the MM era, the Cowboys have continuously lost big games. Playoffs aside, the team comes out flat when top seeding is on the line, or we’re playing a good rival like SF.

You definitely need to have the conversation about Dak. While I think he generally shoulders a little too much blame and hate in Dallas, he’s the guy throwing the pick sixes when we needed something. He’s the guy who slid too late against the 49ers.

My only question regarding Dak, is who are you replacing him with? You have some really, really good players on this team. Your time to win is now. Who’s somebody the Cowboys could realistically target, that is possible and makes this team better? I’m not sure.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
First off, really appreciate all the tags for everyone asking if I’m okay :laugh:

I said before the game, that unless the Cowboys made the NFCCG, changes need to be made. Getting blown out, at home, by the #7 seed, means changes ABSOLUTELY need to be made.

Dan Quinn took one of the worst defenses of all time and brought out a lot of stars, but it’s time for him to go. I wasn’t his biggest fan before the game, and certainly am not after the game.

Mike McCarthy should go, too. It’s crazy because his three seasons with an actual QB in Dallas, he’s gone 36-15, but going 1-3 in the playoffs is inexcusable.

During the MM era, the Cowboys have continuously lost big games. Playoffs aside, the team comes out flat when top seeding is on the line, or we’re playing a good rival like SF.

You definitely need to have the conversation about Dak. While I think he generally shoulders a little too much blame and hate in Dallas, he’s the guy throwing the pick sixes when we needed something. He’s the guy who slid too late against the 49ers.

My only question regarding Dak, is who are you replacing him with? You have some really, really good players on this team. Your time to win is now. Who’s somebody the Cowboys could realistically target, that is possible and makes this team better? I’m not sure.
Dakota is in the Romo position. If it isn't Trey Lance, it's going to be a rookie hotshot. If Dak gets hurt, he's holding a clipboard from that time onwards.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Dakota is in the Romo position. If it isn't Trey Lance, it's going to be a rookie hotshot. If Dak gets hurt, he's holding a clipboard from that time onwards.
If you could find anyone in the later half of the first round (or later), or in Free Agency, I’d be all ears.

Dak’s missed significant time in 2 of the last 4 years, and no one showed him up the way Dak did to Romo.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
If you could find anyone in the later half of the first round (or later), or in Free Agency, I’d be all ears.

Dak’s missed significant time in 2 of the last 4 years, and no one showed him up the way Dak did to Romo.
Nobody expects a 4th rounder to amount to anything. The same would be for a new rookie next year.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Dak is due $34 mill in real money in 2024. Dallas needs him to restructure to lower the cap charge meaning turn $20 some mill of that cash into a bonus to drop the cap hit from $59.5 mill to like $40 mill. $25 mill of that cap charge is from prorated bonuses from prior years.

Or does Dak, via his agent, push his leverage since Dallas has limited other options and a win now team to get more guaranteed money in 2025/2026 as well and not simply change how he is to be paid for 2024?

If Dak is going to help Dallas, they can bring him back. But, if he uses his leverage, then Dallas is in tough.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Nobody expects a 4th rounder to amount to anything. The same would be for a new rookie next year.
So the plan for Dallas would be to draft a late round QB to take over for Dak? I’m not sure I understand

Dak is due $34 mill in real money in 2024. Dallas needs him to restructure to lower the cap charge meaning turn $20 some mill of that cash into a bonus to drop the cap hit from $59.5 mill to like $40 mill. $25 mill of that cap charge is from prorated bonuses from prior years.

Or does Dak, via his agent, push his leverage since Dallas has limited other options and a win now team to get more guaranteed money in 2025/2026 as well and not simply change how he is to be paid for 2024?

If Dak is going to help Dallas, they can bring him back. But, if he uses his leverage, then Dallas is in tough.
You kind of need to extend him. You can’t do anything with him at a $59M cap hit or whatever it is.

You have Lamb and Parsons to pay this summer. You also don’t wanna throw away a season when you have a pretty good roster (with faults).

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
So the plan for Dallas would be to draft a late round QB to take over for Dak? I’m not sure I understand

You kind of need to extend him. You can’t do anything with him at a $59M cap hit or whatever it is.

You have Lamb and Parsons to pay this summer. You also don’t wanna throw away a season when you have a pretty good roster (with faults).
It's not my problem that Dallas' best QBs happened to be "unplanned manifestations".

UDFA and 4th rounder have sat in that QB seat...why should we not expect another blind face to become the face of the franchise?

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
IMG-8063.png

I didn't realize how much of a paper tiger Dallas was this year.

Their best wins were splitting with Philadelphia(division opponent) and the "controversial" win over Detroit.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
It's not my problem that Dallas' best QBs happened to be "unplanned manifestations".

UDFA and 4th rounder have sat in that QB seat...why should we not expect another blind face to become the face of the franchise?
Can’t really speak for when they found Romo, but Dak being what he has been for a 4th round pick, was super super lucky.

This is about making the team better for next season. Don’t think you can hope to find any QB in this draft (at the Cowboys picks) that make the team better.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Irvin isn't the only one. Jimmy Johnson was legitimately pissed at Dallas during halftime. I thought it was just a motivation speech at first but he was dead serious.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Can’t really speak for when they found Romo, but Dak being what he has been for a 4th round pick, was super super lucky.

This is about making the team better for next season. Don’t think you can hope to find any QB in this draft (at the Cowboys picks) that make the team better.
come on..it's culture at this point.. They all good enough but they look like check cashing gravy trainers when it matters.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
So what would your suggestion be? Clean house?
yeah.. like a tuna type coach but thats not a good destination for that type of coach. BB would fix these issues and NEVER gets out classed like Dallas did yesterday.. It's hard with your owners ego and trying to lure a no nonsense coach when he want's a lap dog , when he needs a doberman

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
yeah.. like a tuna type coach but thats not a good destination for that type of coach. BB would fix these issues and NEVER gets out classed like Dallas did yesterday.. It's hard with your owners ego and trying to lure a no nonsense coach when he want's a lap dog , when he needs a doberman

I don’t disagree with you about or coaching getting out-classed. I don't know if BB is the answer at HC, but definitely don't disagree. You don't put any blame on the players?

It truly is going to be an interesting off season. Quinn most definitely needs to go. I never did like him, or his defensive scheme. He’s gotten schooled many, many times throughout his career.
Yup! We have some really good pieces on D, I think a lot of coordinators would love the chance to come in here and improve the D. I saw a stat today that said since 2000, Dak has had the second highest EPA/play against his D in the playoffs. First? Matt Ryan. Both are victims of Dan Quinn.

Reactions: fin8

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I don’t disagree with you about or coaching getting out-classed. I don't know if BB is the answer at HC, but definitely don't disagree. You don't put any blame on the players?

Yup! We have some really good pieces on D, I think a lot of coordinators would love the chance to come in here and improve the D. I saw a stat today that said since 2000, Dak has had the second highest EPA/play against his D in the playoffs. First? Matt Ryan. Both are victims of Dan Quinn.
Dak would be very hard to replace and I like to throw smack at him he isn't the problem , I do however believe some of his issues could be coached out of him especially ball control and time management.
Plus I think [ obviously cant know] that players get comfortable [ because it's human nature ] when you don't have to listen to a coach because your the owners boy [ Dak and others.]
It's like being shit at your job but don't have to worry because your dad owns the company and can't get fired.
Top cowboys players didn't have to be accountable under the clapper and don't have to now , it's culture.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

From the their last Super Bowl to today, here's every QB the Cowboys acquired via draft picks higher than the 5th round. They have spent nothing to add quarterbacks.

2001 2nd (#53) Quincy Carter

2005 3rd (#73) traded for Drew Henson

2011 4th (#101) Stephen McGee
2007 4rh (#103) Isaiah Stanback
2024 4th (#124) traded for Trey Lance
2016 4th (#135 comp pick) Dak Prescott

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00