NFL GDT: 2023 NFC Wild Card Round: (2) Dallas Cowboys vs (7) Green Bay Packers

DAL vs GB

• Total voters

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Big Mike and Dak screw the pooch with clock mismanagement on a final drive to try to win the game being down 5.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Because Jerry couldn't wait to make the week ALL ABOUT HIM

That's such an unnecessary distraction. Like, if they collapse you can fire him and it would be understandable given the expectations the Cowboys have (and rightfully so in this case), but the only reason to have that response right now is if you're an attention whore dickh-

OK this totally checks out.

Reactions: NJDevs26

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
8-0 at home.. big favorites media hype.. vs a team in GB who has started to click the last 2- 3 weeks .. yea giving dallas history there is no way i picking them to win this game GB shocks the world and wins and then we tune in monday for some stephen a smith content wooooooo

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Dallas should continue to win all home games they have in these playoffs but of course I would not be surprised if they don’t. Such a down year for elite teams when these Ravens look like far and away the best. Could be anybody really.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
I think they need to make it to the NFC championship game. If they lose before that, they will get crucified. They’ll deserve it, and they will get it from everyone. What a ride with this team! Love dem Boys. Win or lose. Cmon Dallas!

Last edited:
Reactions: JimmyApples

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
I think they need to make it to the NFC championship game. If they lose before that, they will get crucified. They’ll deserve it, and they will get it from everyone. What a ride with team! Love dem Boys. Win or lose. Cmon Dallas!
I agree. If they somehow lose this game Jones is going to unleash a nuclear firestorm and rightfully so. He might not let McCarthy on the damn plane.

On paper, they should be playing SF for the conference title.

Reactions: fin8

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I agree. If they somehow lose this game Jones is going to unleash a nuclear firestorm and rightfully so. He might not let McCarthy on the damn plane.

They aren't that great , now they can run it up against garbage teams at home..
Lost to AZ on the road , look what the Bills did to them. OK every team gives up a stinker ,bad teams more often. Detroit legit beat them at home and we all know it.
If anything people (dem boys fans) will lose it because of their expectations which aren't realistic. They are above average but look amazing when playing with a lead and pouring it on. SF dismantled them , AZ ,Miami . Considering their division and what garbage it turned out to be the record looks great.. Road wins , NE ,Philly now,Giants ,Washington, Carolina...bravo

• Haha
Reactions: Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Dallas **should** make the NFC title game, but I will be interested to see if they blow it, how they do it.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

I know the Cowboys stadium is huge but do they really need to take a plane to home games? How long could it really take to get there by bus or car?

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
I know the Cowboys stadium is huge but do they really need to take a plane to home games? How long could it really take to get there by bus or car?
Have you ever been to Texas? Dallas is 2 hours away from Dallas!

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Yeah, I have a few buddies that have lived or do live in various parts of Texas but personally have never had the urge to visit, it doesn't seem like my kind of place

I grew up in Texas and am moving back next month

It is so massive and the cities are all quite different

El Paso is closer to the Pacific ocean than it is to the eastern border of Texas. The size is unfathomable

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
I grew up in Texas and am moving back next month

It is so massive and the cities are all quite different

El Paso is closer to the Pacific ocean than it is to the eastern border of Texas. The size is unfathomable
Yup. Less than 800 miles from San Diego and well over 800 miles to the Louisiana line.

EDIT: what I don't remember is if the I-10 length is longer or shorter than from like Brownsville to the absolute top near the Oklahoma panhandle.

Last edited:
Reactions: LT

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Jerry takes a helicopter to games. For good reason. With no traffic, it's a 37 mile drive from the Cowboys practice facility to the stadium. Two counties away.

Screenshot_20240109-133223~2.png

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
All of the pressure is on Dallas. None on GB. Sometimes, that can make a huge difference.

I do think it's 50-24 Dallas. The GB D just does not have enough.

I think Love will be decent though.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
They aren't that great , now they can run it up against garbage teams at home..
Lost to AZ on the road , look what the Bills did to them. OK every team gives up a stinker ,bad teams more often. Detroit legit beat them at home and we all know it.
If anything people (dem boys fans) will lose it because of their expectations which aren't realistic. They are above average but look amazing when playing with a lead and pouring it on. SF dismantled them , AZ ,Miami . Considering their division and what garbage it turned out to be the record looks great.. Road wins , NE ,Philly now,Giants ,Washington, Carolina...bravo
Arizona loss was absolutely a stinker/mulligan kind of game. SF dominated them, and are a better team, but the Cowboys were definitely a much different team compared to how they started. Bills game sucked but half the team was puking and shitting on the sidelines, in bad weather in Buffalo. Miami game, meh.

But what do all these games have in common? Road games. Completely different team at home and on the road. It’s not just the record, it’s the complete dominance at home. Beat #3, #5 and #6 in the NFC at home, and two of them were by 20+ points.

Locking up the #2 seed was HUGE for Dallas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad