NFL GDT: 2023 NFC Divisional Round: (1) San Francisco 49ers vs (7) Green Bay Packers

SF vs GB

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
That's great - but he just proved he still has a long way to go and that defense still needs an awful lot of work before we anoint GB as another unstoppable juggernaut like the media's been doing all week.
Aaron Rodgers went 6-10 and Favre 8-5 in their first respective years starting.

GB was expected to be destroyed at the outset with a humungous +9.5 spread, not have the upper hand and choke with the 1st seed.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Going for it on 4th

Carlson missing a gimmie.

The difference between victory and defeat.

And the NFC better sigh in pain...because the Packers are not just going away.
I like the aggressive call on 4th down. But unless you are Philly level good on the tush push or Brady level good on the QB sneak might be better to give it to your rb.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He led all kickers in missed extra points this year. Guy has been a crap shoot all season long.

San Francisco holding Green Bay to two red zone FG attempts in the first half was the real difference.
Young K. Most K in the nfl that are outside their rookie contracts how many are with their first nfl team still?
Tucker in Bal? It’s not a long list.
When you make the switch there will be pains early.
His brother struggled early as well and even had a down year but the prior 3 was like 2nd or 3rd best K behind Tucker.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I like the aggressive call on 4th down. But unless you are Philly level good on the tush push or Brady level good on the QB sneak might be better to give it to your rb.
Love looks like a twig and it was raining.
I would not have tested that front.

Aaron Jones's lack of top end speed cost the Packers again as well. The Pack lost in part because the 49ers caught with him from behind in a previous playoff game. The same thing happened again with him tonight.

Yes, most RBs are interchangeable, but a gamebreaker with speed is a needed component for a team.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Whole bunch of heat on how losing by 3 to maybe the best team in the league shows how a young team will just never have it. If I'm a Green Bay fan (light affections due to family), I'm gutted at how that ended, but can easily console myself this is the sort of close heartbreak that championship teams build off and they're not that far away.

Hope for the 49ers sake that knocked the rust off prior to next week. Also Purdy might one want to spend a day a week all summer practicing with a wet ball.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Impressed that Pack kept it tight to give them a chance.

They were the better the team and should have won the game, they were not just hanging around or keeping it close or anything

The reaction of GB players on the benches and sideline say it all, they knew they squandered a legitimate chance of a Super Bowl run

Despite ‘playing with house money’ this one really stings if you’re a Packer

Last edited:

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
They were the better the team and should have won the game, they were not just hanging around or keeping it close or anything

The reaction of GB players on the benches and sidelines say it all, they knew they squandered a legitimate chance of a Super Bowl run

The kicker scrambled them up real good. I can't see Carlson coming back when Lafleur himself literally saying he prays everytime he takes the field.

Heck, I now think he went for it because he was a afraid Carlson was due for a gaffe ....

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013

The reaction of GB players on the benches and sidelines say it all, they knew they squandered a legitimate chance of a Super Bowl run

Yup. Their QB had a meltdown in the 4th. Never know what the future brings there’s no guarantee GB gets an opportunity like that again any time soon.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Favre had a much higher propensity for INTs.

Dude had 11 all regular season.

Yeah but my point is who cares about those great regular season #s when come crunch time in the 4th qtr of a playoff game you choke and show that the moment is too big to handle. That’s the worry moving forward if ur GB that the new QB has that same weakness.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Yeah but my point is who cares about those great regular season #s when come crunch time in the 4th qtr of a playoff game you choke and show that the moment is too big to handle. That’s the worry moving forward if ur GB that the new QB has that same weakness.
Not sure why in the f*** would you expect any first year starter to instantly go all the way.

I cheer for Washington bud, I have a Ph.D in shit tier and medicore tier QBs. You're the type who'd chase a Kirk Cousins like he's America's Next top Model.

Love is already statistically better than the usual 1:1 TD:INT guys. Heck, he might be just a Ryan Fitzpatrick backup, but that seems unlikely.

His floor is already above Purdy the Deebo-boosted boy, Kirk the inconsistent, Dak the empty calorie bully, and even Jalen "Tush Push into AJ Brown's receptacle" hurts.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I don't give a rats ass about that INT if I were a Green Bay fan. The game was already lost.

What are you talking about? They needed a FG to tie it and they had 2 time outs and 45 seconds to get in FG range

Their kicker is a bit of wild card but it was certainly doable, the throw was inexcusable

Reactions: Peat

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Love just had a great playoff game on the road last weekend.

What are you talking about? They needed a FG to tie it and they had 2 time outs and 45 seconds to get in FG range

Their kicker is a bit of wild card but it was certainly doable, the throw was inexcusable
And they had to do this against one of the best defenses at a point in the game when the rain has become the heaviest. Field goal range in that weather wasn't going to be the same as it was testing in pregame.

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
Green Bay did everything to lose this game, absolute insanity.

Wake up for 49ers though, they're absoutely destroying whomever comes out of Detroit/Tampa.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Brutal choke job

They beat all the odds and put up a helluva fight against a team that’s been considered the best in the league throughout the season (Ravens passed them late in the season) while being the youngest team in the league. They got valuable experience and many roster questions were answered this season

That is everything but a choke job

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Green Bay did everything to lose this game, absolute insanity.

Wake up for 49ers though, they're absoutely destroying whomever comes out of Detroit/Tampa.
There’s no guaranteed wins in the NFL, but 49ers have as close to a bye in an NFC Championship as anyone has said since… last season, where the Eagles only made it cause they were facing the 49ers with CMC as a QB :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad