NFL GDT: 2023 NFC Divisional Round: (1) San Francisco 49ers vs (7) Green Bay Packers

SF vs GB

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Giving full credit to the Pack here, jesus that was a stressful game, did not think 9ers were pulling it off. Speaking of full credit, I had to get in to the Crown in the 4th quarter, fortunately that seemed to work.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Green Bay did everything to lose this game, absolute insanity.

Wake up for 49ers though, they're absoutely destroying whomever comes out of Detroit/Tampa.
I think it depends heavily on if Debo is healthy. If either Tampa or Detroit could get ahead of the 49ers and make Shanahan forget that running the ball is good, they’ve got a solid chance to hold on.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I think it depends heavily on if Debo is healthy. If either Tampa or Detroit could get ahead of the 49ers and make Shanahan forget that running the ball is good, they’ve got a solid chance to hold on.
Tampa is out of sorts mentally, but they have the talent to stuff the run and punish Purdy for mistakes if they actually wake up.

Lions, I am skeptical they can stop any passing attack. But Goff has been unusually effective and potent even when looking ugly and the 49ers, though fearsome, can be scored upon.

TheGooooch

Mar 29, 2008
San Francisco
Seriously impressed with the young Packers. I feel like they are going to just keep getting better. Red zone efficiency is huge obviously.

49ers played poorly. Losing Samuel early clearly affected them. Hope he is healthy for next game.

That was stressful to watch for sure from a 49ers fan.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Seriously impressed with the young Packers. I feel like they are going to just keep getting better. Red zone efficiency is huge obviously.

49ers played poorly. Losing Samuel early clearly affected them. Hope he is healthy for next game.

That was stressful to watch for sure from a 49ers fan.
Packers had chances to win the game.

1st drive, their 3rd down play, their WR was open in the end zone, but didn't get it to him fast enough before the SF defender closed on it to knock it away.

Savage not picking off Purdy for what seemed to be a pick 6 with his momentum going the other way. If he holds on, it's quickly 10-0 GB.

I give LaFleur credit for being aggressive and going for it on 4th and 1, but all of these teams who think it's easy to execute the Philly Brotherly Shove or that it was easy for Brady's QB sneak need to actually practice it more because too many of them are getting stuffed. Love was too high and took a shot. Brady always got low on his attempts.

Love with a couple of behind his receivers passes that ended drives, no chance throws to Kraft that ended up in a pick and the other to Dillon on a 3rd and 2 after a SF score to extend the drive.

They manage to block the FG attempt at the end of the half, but their K misses a 41 yarder to ensure that they can't lose it on a SF score, barring SF going for 2 to win the game.

Then it ends with Love going hero ball with 50 seconds to go on 1st down coming out of a timeout. Lost track of the down and had the chance to throw it away or if he was truly elusive, if he managed to cut back on Bosa and then his blocker was able to seal off Bosa, there was running room to midfield on that side of the field. But, he opts to throw against his body into triple coverage with 2 timeouts left for GB.

Some missed opportunties for GB. Had a legit chance to win the game and just let it slip through.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
How’d Purdy play, overall? My stream kept cutting out so I only caught bits. What about the team in general? Deebo hurt, any other major concerns?

Bills are my #1, should be fun.

TheGooooch

Mar 29, 2008
San Francisco
Packers had chances to win the game.

1st drive, their 3rd down play, their WR was open in the end zone, but didn't get it to him fast enough before the SF defender closed on it to knock it away.

Savage not picking off Purdy for what seemed to be a pick 6 with his momentum going the other way. If he holds on, it's quickly 10-0 GB.

I give LaFleur credit for being aggressive and going for it on 4th and 1, but all of these teams who think it's easy to execute the Philly Brotherly Shove or that it was easy for Brady's QB sneak need to actually practice it more because too many of them are getting stuffed. Love was too high and took a shot. Brady always got low on his attempts.

Love with a couple of behind his receivers passes that ended drives, no chance throws to Kraft that ended up in a pick and the other to Dillon on a 3rd and 2 after a SF score to extend the drive.

They manage to block the FG attempt at the end of the half, but their K misses a 41 yarder to ensure that they can't lose it on a SF score, barring SF going for 2 to win the game.

Then it ends with Love going hero ball with 50 seconds to go on 1st down coming out of a timeout. Lost track of the down and had the chance to throw it away or if he was truly elusive, if he managed to cut back on Bosa and then his blocker was able to seal off Bosa, there was running room to midfield on that side of the field. But, he opts to throw against his body into triple coverage with 2 timeouts left for GB.

Some missed opportunties for GB. Had a legit chance to win the game and just let it slip through.
Agreed. They had the chances for sure.

They definitely exposed one of the 49ers dbs. 49ers better use this as a serious wake up call. Purdy just wasn’t able to extend the play like Love was doing as well. Love seemed so calm back there. Except the last play. But is he a Green Bay quarterback if he doesn’t act like a gunslinger?

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Green Bay should fire the entire coaching staff and of course get a kicker.
Firing Lafleur would be the dumbest thing I have ever heard of.

He just took an offense with like one skill position player over 24 years old to the 2nd round and had the #1 seed on the ropes after eliminating the #2 seed. In a QB's first year starting when most people thought the team was rebuilding.

Now, firing Joe Barry is the move they need to make.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Firing Lafleur would be the dumbest thing I have ever heard of.

He just took an offense with like one skill position player over 24 years old to the 2nd round and had the #1 seed on the ropes after eliminating the #2 seed. In a QB's first year starting when most people thought the team was rebuilding.

Now, firing Joe Barry is the move they need to make.

This aint happening either. Their defense really came to play in the playoffs, so he bought himself time.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
They were the better the team and should have won the game, they were not just hanging around or keeping it close or anything

The reaction of GB players on the benches and sideline say it all, they knew they squandered a legitimate chance of a Super Bowl run

Despite ‘playing with house money’ this one really stings if you’re a Packer
They were the better team for 40 minutes. That being better yielded them a 7 point lead so it's hardly something to hang your hat on if you don't finish it off and they didn't. It only took the 49ers one quarter and five minutes to wipe out whatever gains the Packers had to that point because by the end they weren't the better team. They had a chance but couldn't finish the game and most of that is on Love.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
This aint happening either. Their defense really came to play in the playoffs, so he bought himself time.
His contract is expiring. If they enjoy ridiculous concepts like LBs covering #1 WRs, the Packers deserve failure.

Barry sucked ass in Washington at the end of his time and he's doing the same now in GB. You don't keep him if you want to go anywhere.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It doesn’t matter how close the Packers were to the 49ers. This is the playoffs, they’re all one-game seasons. Survive and advance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad