GDT: 2023 IIHF World Championships starts May 12-May 28

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I still see a 2way Rantanen... Rantanen REALLY took off this year with 42 even strength goals.

we are just dog poo at developing

I’ve said this over and over again have more hope for Kakko than Laf. I know Laf is still young but I just don’t see it yet. With Kakko have seen the potential but he just can’t get the points to show for it.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I still see a 2way Rantanen... Rantanen REALLY took off this year with 42 even strength goals.

we are just dog poo at developing
Really took off this year? Rantanen got 84pts his second season, it took Kakko until late in his 4th season to even have 84 career points combining the 4 seasons lol. Not remotely comparable. Same with when people compare him & Laf to other “late bloomers” like MacKinnon who got 63pts his rookie season

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Really took off this year? Rantanen got 84pts his second season, it took Kakko until late in his 4th season to even have 84 career points combining the 4 seasons lol. Not remotely comparable. Same with when people compare him & Laf to other “late bloomers” like MacKinnon who got 63pts his rookie season
how many at even strength? Kakko had more even strength goals playing on the 3rd line, age 21 seasons. Points will never be close comparing them. 1 of them gets top PP time and plays with the best players in the world.

Scoring 42 even strength goals is 'taking off'. It's over double whatever he's done in the previous 6 seasons.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
f*** that, haven't seen something like this since Simon on Ruutu. Niederreiter is very lucky here.

Reactions: UnSandvich

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
f*** that, haven't seen something like this since Simon on Ruutu. Niederreiter is very lucky here.

p***y cheap move. Should have gotten a cross check to the head for that. Garbage.

Reactions: Cmox

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Kakko finished with another assist for 2 points. He's heating up with 5 points in the last 3 games to end the preliminary round.

He is 3rd on the team in points with 6.
Rantanen is first with 8, and Rantanen's linemate has 7. Both those players average 3 more minutes a game than Kakko.

Where is the "Oh he looks good but doesn't put up points" crowd now?

They play Canada in the quarter-final on Thursday.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Kakko finished with another assist for 2 points. He's heating up with 5 points in the last 3 games to end the preliminary round.

He is 3rd on the team in points with 6.
Rantanen is first with 8, and Rantanen's linemate has 7. Both those players average 3 more minutes a game than Kakko.

Where is the "Oh he looks good but doesn't put up points" crowd now?

They play Canada on Thursday then the tournament starts.
Quiet because he put up points? This isn’t that weird. He wasn’t doing anything. Now he did. Happy times.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Quiet because he put up points? This isn’t that weird. He wasn’t doing anything. Now he did. Happy times.
Huh?

I don't think you quite understood. There were a few posters who were all active in the thread, bashing Kakko when he wasn't putting up points. Now they are gone when he is putting up points.

edit - to be fair it's more in the Kakko thread not this one.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Huh?

I don't think you quite understood. There were a few posters who were all active in the thread, bashing Kakko when he wasn't putting up points. Now they are gone when he is putting up points.

edit - to be fair it's more in the Kakko thread not this one.
Yes. They were rightfully/justifiably bashing him for once again not getting any results. He got some results so they are quiet now. That makes sense to me.

He is still significantly underperforming against the production he put up as an underager at a stronger tournament four years ago.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Yes. They were rightfully/justifiably bashing him for once again not getting any results. He got some results so they are quiet now. That makes sense to me.

He is still significantly underperforming against the production he put up as an underager at a stronger tournament four years ago.
That was a different time, with different players, and he didn't even know how to play defense then. Rantanen for crying out loud, a 100 point NHL scorer only has 2 more points than him, that should say something, by your logic he should be completely dominating this tournament, but he isn't because it's not that easy. Did you expect Kakko to put up 3-4 point games every night or something?

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
That was a different time, with different players, and he didn't even know how to play defense then. Rantanen for crying out loud, a 100 point NHL scorer only has 2 more points than him, that should say something, by your logic he should be completely dominating this tournament, but he isn't because it's not that easy. Did you expect Kakko to put up 3-4 point games every night or something?
I didn’t expect much from Kakko at all honestly. This performance is good but nothing to flex about.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Shitty tournament from Finland. Kakko looked decent in a team that overall was a huge disappointment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad