GDT: 2023 IIHF World Championships starts May 12-May 28

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Quicker on his feet? Is this a joke? Serious question

Why?

He looks electric on the offensive zone

Hope people post some highlights. That sounds hopeful. He did take a small step forward this season and he is only 22 still.

He could draw a penalty basically every time he’s on the ice

Sadly I don’t think there will be too many highlights

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
It is the first 2-4 strides where guys like Hughes often lose guys. Wish KK and Laf would work on those. Once Laf gets fully wond up he has a little speed but not much initial burst to create separation.
I mean the thing is guys like Hughes, McDavid, and Makar are the elite of the elite at the NHL level with those bursts of speed and while they're good to bring up as "see what a great burst can do" it's also unrealistic to compare just about anyone to them in terms of "that's what a player needs to do".
Some of that is just natural talent and skill honed over a lifetime and you're never going to replicate that
being a stronger skater can never hurt though

Reactions: duhmetreE

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I mean the thing is guys like Hughes, McDavid, and Makar are the elite of the elite at the NHL level with those bursts of speed and while they're good to bring up as "see what a great burst can do" it's also unrealistic to compare just about anyone to them in terms of "that's what a player needs to do".
Some of that is just natural talent and skill honed over a lifetime and you're never going to replicate that
being a stronger skater can never hurt though
You have a good point but often the guys drafted 1-2 have elite skating skills. Lets forget those guys elite speed guys though. Crosby did not have the greatest skating as a rookie but he worked and worked and worked for years on it. While he will never win a fastest skater comp he did increase his quickness over the years. We also have seen a guy like Zooks who did not show great skating in his early years. He never became a speed burner but he worked hard on his shiftiness. I remember a quote from him that it is harder to catch a mouse than an elephant. I just want to see them put in that kind of effort all summer on their skating to become the best that they can be.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
qYI6EIN.png

Kaapo Hollweg

Jun 21, 2019
According to Czech media, Chytil is out of the tournament for good. Also, they reported it wan not a concussion but rather something with his face. He was wearing protective gear during practice. So I woudl assume it's some broken bones.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
And just like that the stat line doesn't look that bad. It's against Hungary and Austria though.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
I’m just gonna keep saying this until the haters acknowledge me.

40 points on the third line with no PP time. What do you want ? (Picture this as if Ryan Gosling is saying this from the notebook)

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

40 points on the third line with no PP time. What do you want ? (Picture this as if Ryan Gosling is saying this from the notebook)
If he works on his shot this offseason, like all elite goal scorers do, I can see him pushing 30. 25+ even strength goals

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

Stuff like the bolded won't help your argument.

I didn't see the movie (and never will). I had to read the book for my sister-in-laws book club. Utter trash entirely built on a gimmick.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
Stuff like the bolded won't help your argument.

I didn't see the movie (and never will). I had to read the book for my sister-in-laws book club. Utter trash entirely built on a gimmick.
Ahhh haha I think then the meme might have flown over you if you didn’t see the movie. He says that line in a very specific way all men can understand

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Good for Kakko. I still have high hopes for him to be like a 60 point two way power forward. Would be content with that.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Good for Kakko. I still have high hopes for him to be like a 60 point two way power forward. Would be content with that.
I still see a 2way Rantanen... Rantanen REALLY took off this year with 42 even strength goals.

we are just dog poo at developing

Reactions: Leonardo87

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad