GDT: 2023 IIHF World Championships starts May 12-May 28

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Rangers only have 2 players this year that are playing in the World Championships:

Filip Chytil for Czechia
Kaapo Kakko for Finland

Shocked Kreider is not playing for USA and Zibanejad is not playing for Sweden.

Alexis Lafrenierre should be playing for Canada, cant the Rangers demand he go there for his confidence and get into better shape. This really shows that he is a lazy player and lack of character. The way he ended the playoffs, I guess he is satisfied with being a crappy lazy 1st overall pick.

Lot of former Rangers playing like Oscar Lindberg, Sammy Blais, Patrick Nemeth.

Hope for no injuries and more confidence for Chytil and Kakko heading into next season.

• Haha
Reactions: kroufum

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Rangers only have 2 players this year that are playing in the World Championships:

Filip Chytil for Czechia
Kaapo Kakko for Finland

Alexis Lafrenierre should be playing for Canada, cant the Rangers demand he go there for his confidence and get into better shape. This really shows that he is a lazy player and lack of character. The way he ended the playoffs, I guess he is satisfied with being a crappy lazy 1st overall pick.

Hope for no injuries and more confidence for Chytil and Kakko heading into next season.
I think he is enjoying the Montreal Nightlife. Leave the kid alone

Psykotik7

Jun 21, 2019

Filip Chytil for Czechia
Kaapo Kakko for Finland

Players without a contract rarely go to play in worlds due to risk of injury messing with their negotiations.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Players without a contract rarely go to play in worlds due to risk of injury messing with their negotiations.

That is true. Knowing luck he’d get hurt in practice, at least the price would come down lol i doubt he gets more than 2 if that. Not that he deserves it

Psykotik7

Jun 21, 2019
That is true. Knowing luck he’d get hurt in practice, at least the price would come down lol i doubt he gets more than 2 if that. Not that he deserves it
Don’t forget he scored 39 points & 35 of those were even strength. Like him or not that’s a strong bargaining point for 2 absolute minimum but I could see it being 2.75 ish. Either way… have patience. He is still 21 & I get the frustration but .75 mil or whatever it is, will not make or break our season.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Kakko saw Quinn on the US bench from the corner of his eye and got spooked so hard he lost control of the puck.

What an awful game by Finland. Kakko wasn't particularly impressive but the whole team sucked so whatever.
Not sure what game you were watching if you didn't think Kakko was good. Net empty too for the Fins and Kakko wasn't on the ice. Guy was making plays all game.

Reactions: LOFIN

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I mean he's an established middle 6 NHL player now so it isn't terribly surprising that he's good on a Finland WC roster.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I mean he's an established middle 6 NHL player now so it isn't terribly surprising that he's good on a Finland WC roster.
Milan Lucic is on Team Canada. This is a tournament Kakko needs to stand out in.

Reactions: Fitzy

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Milan Lucic is on Team Canada. This is a tournament Kakko needs to stand out in.

You'd hope so, but I don't think it tells us everything. The NHL game is so much different than the game I just watched. He's adjusted his style and I hope he gains confidence but doesn't fall into bad habits with more time and space.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
IMG_2850.jpeg

Was looking at the Czech roster. They got MJ?

How did they not give this man #23??

• Haha
Reactions: Cmox and NYRFANMANI

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
did any of you watch Kakko's game today? Just watched on recording and he looked great. If it was the first time you saw him play, you'd probably think he's a fast skater lol, he had a self-made breakaway from his own blueline and was doing laps in the o-zone, beating ds wide lol.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Yup, looks like he was injured. Didn't play the 2nd and 3rd periods.

Great. Love these stupid useless tournaments.

edit - Took a bad stick the face in the first, lost teeth. Never returned. Lets pray he didn't suffer another concussion.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
Yup, looks like he was injured. Didn't play the 2nd and 3rd periods.

Great. Love these stupid useless tournaments.

edit - Took a bad stick the face in the first, lost teeth. Never returned. Lets pray he didn't suffer another concussion.

if he lost the teeth i don't think we have to worry about them being concussed

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
if he lost the teeth i don't think we have to worry about them being concussed
If he only lost some teeth I would assume he would have returned. It could have easily been worse than just that. Havent seen it or any quotes from the team though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad