NFL GDT: 2023 AFC Wild Card Round: (4) Houston Texans vs (5) Cleveland Browns

HOU vs CLE

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Not taking anything away from Stroud. But it’s one game. Rivers/Peyton had plenty of great games in January.

Peyton pick vs NO was brutal...could have won that game probably but thats just something in October he never does. River's career by far was defined by 06...cannot lose a game where Brady throws 4 picks when you're home..they win that game I sorta feel they win the SB

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
How to find dirt on Dashaun Watson to get out of that terrible contract.
That’s essentially it. They’re going to start next season with Watson struggling because he’s “rusty” as he always is.

I wonder how many GMs are crossing Flacco off of their offseason plans.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
img.jpg

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
That’s essentially it. They’re going to start next season with Watson struggling because he’s “rusty” as he always is.

I would be shocked if he doesn't retire after this.

This is the best shot he's gonna get to win another ring. The teams needing QB next year are mostly junk.

Reactions: Terry Yake

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

If Flacco plays next year, I imagine it would be a similar situation that he’s in, only he gets the call sooner.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Peyton pick vs NO was brutal...could have won that game probably but thats just something in October he never does. River's career by far was defined by 06...cannot lose a game where Brady throws 4 picks when you're home..they win that game I sorta feel they win the SB
Sure but they both won playoff games to get to CF/SBs. To act like they were bad in every playoff game is hyperbole.

Stroud will win a WC game at home, with perfect conditions, against QB throwing 2 pick sixes. Let’s pump the brakes on him being a better playoff performer than Peyton Manning.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Houston is hot enough that I think if you're Baltimore Buffalo or KC fan you have to be sort of nervous...Baltimore should be safe but those other 2 I would take Houston as the dog

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

He should still get some looks as a backup, but the way people were acting like this was a start of a 2nd peak for Flacco was a bit crazy.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Houston is hot enough that I think if you're Baltimore Buffalo or KC fan you have to be sort of nervous...Baltimore should be safe but those other 2 I would take Houston as the dog
I'd be afraid even if i was a Ravens fan. With their checkered recent postseason history plus a team this hot?

I still think Baltimore wins but that will be anything but an easy game.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Watson's cap hit goes from 19 M this season...to 63.977 M. And I believe there is no restructuring that. This was the best team they will be able to put together for awhile.

And you can't sit that kind of money on the bench, and nobody will trade for him. They are stuck with him unless they want to really bite the bullet and cut him

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
And you can't sit that kind of money on the bench, and nobody will trade for him. They are stuck with him unless they want to really bite the bullet and cut him
Cutting him impossible. If the Browns were to do it they would incur a 200 million dollar dead cap penalty.

This isn't a "well Russ sucks now so we'll just swallow the pill" type contract. They're quite literally stuck with Watson.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Cutting him impossible. If the Browns were to do it they would incur a 200 million dollar dead cap penalty.

This isn't a "well Russ sucks now so we'll just swallow the pill" type contract. They're quite literally stuck with Watson.

It's still that much? I guess the bullshit they pulled on his 1st year salary caused that?

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

Yep. They went all in on him. The team's future success or failure rests with Watson. If the guy we've seen is what he delivers, the Brows won't make the playoffs, and the idiot owner is going to fire all of the front office and coaches out of anger after next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad